Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else had problems running Homebrew browser v2.5??

I'd not bothered with it before (any version that is) as I only really Homebrewed my Wii for multi region gaming HOTDOK . Thought I'd take a look tonight though only for it to start to load up the browser (it shows the tabs) and then give me an error message of: debug fwrite error [1] not owner

I'm running an Americam Wii (3.2) and it does this regardless of whether I accept or skip the update that the browser tells me is available when it's loading up . Anyone got any ideas please??

Comment

will an original of Tatsunoko vs Capcom boot ok using gecko via component?

Comment

Hey guys, I've been trying to run MadWorld on a JPN Wii via Gecko OS1.07, but the ERROR 002 message is displayed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Finally got it working via the unofficial version of GeckoOS!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            will an original of Tatsunoko vs Capcom boot ok using gecko via component?
            Should do- that's how I'm playing it.

Comment

Does the latest system update effect the homebrew channel/gecko os if you already have it installed? Trying to get Madworld running.

Comment

Nope shouldn't.

Comment

Broken Sword: Directors Cut (PAL) forces an update and won't load via Gecko OS (Error #002). But I can confirm installing the update doesn't effect the HBC (everything seems intact at least!). Presumably this is the same with Madworld too.

Comment

I think there's a work around for the 002 error with an unofficial release of Gecko (as Venom posted above).

I haven't looked myself but was told that it's in the Homebrew channel somewhere? Can anyone here confirm that it's OK to update with Madworld? Getting mine delivered tomorrow (PAL copy on a US Wii) and would like to be sure

Comment

If its any help i've popped Madword (PAL) in now and it hasn't forced any other update so presumably any updates on the Madworld disk are the same as the Broken Sword update I installed.

I scoured the HBC for the unofficial Gecko OS update but couldn't find it. I also tried the Menu Loader app to force the disk to boot (prior to updating) apparently it will work if you have anything pre-firmware 3.4, but unfortunately i'm on 3.4 so my last option was to risk installing the update. Using a PAL Wii here.

Comment

edit by charlesr: link removed (see rules)

On the (near) bottom of the page, under the section download, you can find the "Unoffical Gecko OS 1.07b 002 fix v3 apps package"
                        Last edited by charlesr; 20-03-2009, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum View Post
                          If its any help i've popped Madword (PAL) in now and it hasn't forced any other update so presumably any updates on the Madworld disk are the same as the Broken Sword update I installed.
                          Cheers for that

Had a look around and it seems it's not a proper firmware update but rather patches the Trucha bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                            Cheers for that

Had a look around and it seems it's not a proper firmware update but rather patches the Trucha bug.
                            What exactly is the Trucha Bug? I did a bit of Googling but I couldn't shed much light on it. I'm still on 3.4 at least but hope this patch won't effect anything longer term.

Comment

Apparently it was another way of running code and a potential way to exploit the system. Wasn't able to find much info either but it looks like Nintendo have tried to kill it as quickly as possible.

Comment

Ok im been dumb but can anyone tell me....

I have a jpn wii thats got 3.4 installed it's got all the homebrew gubbins & gecko OS fixed version.

Will i be able to play a usa version of madworld, i have heard about the updates but i dont like the idea of usa updates patching my jpn system as thats going to potenially stuff it up in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X