Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you can set the shop country code separately from the console region.

But this just sets things to a specific region. You'd have to use starfall for region freeness or menuloader to do on the fly region changes or gecko.

What's the difference between menuloader and gecko?
    Last edited by charlesr; 26-08-2008, 13:27.

Comment

Any Region Changer is the ultimate solution for me as it allows me to play ALL NTSC GC games. Whilst Menuloader does have some limited success with NTSC GC games, GeckoOS only allows Wii games.

Comment

Ah thanks. I presume since I have an NTSC (J) wii anyway, and I only have ntsc (U and J) wii and gc games, menuloader would work fine for all my games?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Ah thanks. I presume since I have an NTSC (J) wii anyway, and I only have ntsc (U and J) wii and gc games, menuloader would work fine for all my games?
          Yes, menuloader will meet your requirement.

Comment

Thanks muchly.

Comment

Just so people know, I tried PAL No More Heroes on my NTSC-U Wii today using Gecko, and it works lovely.

For now, I'm going to play it safe and stick with Gecko, rather than modify my system menu.

Comment

So these apps will allow me to run any JP or US GC or Wii title on my PAL Wii system?
                Just want to check this out before I get myself a few import titles to play on it.

I Have installed a dvd player on the Wii and quite impressed, surprised nintendo havent included this function as standard, its as if they have missed a clear opportunity with the Wii to add some useful features, and Im reminded of the original xbox which was great for homebrew and emus etc, but MS never really took advantage of its abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                  So these apps will allow me to run any JP or US GC or Wii title on my PAL Wii system?
                  Just want to check this out before I get myself a few import titles to play on it.

Yes it should. While I haven't tried any jap wii games (don't have any), my jap gc games worked fine after changing the region.

Comment

New app which runs from the homebrew channel has been released which allows you to boot any region GC game - not tested it myself:

Comment

Looks very nice, though MenuLoader can do that anyway.

Comment

Just tried Gecko OS 1.6f using the HBC and it is perfect for me. Boots my PAL Wii fit with the correct date and now also supports GC as well.

Comment

Successfully installed the channel on my Jap Wii and the browser. Tried the Gecko and my US games work fine.

When I can be bothered I might change the machine's region completely, but for the moment I don't really do anything on the Wii apart from play disc games.

The only problem I have is the homebrew browser is pretty random on whether it finds a net connection or not. I'd say I get a connection 1/5 times. Can't see any reason on a web search either.

Comment

The only problem I have is the homebrew browser is pretty random on whether it finds a net connection or not. I'd say I get a connection 1/5 times. Can't see any reason on a web search either.
                            I disabled the net connection on my Wii since messing around with this homebrew stuff. What can the Gecko connection be used for?

Comment

Gecko is just alternative for freeloader really, now with action replay style cheats too.

Comment

Gecko is just alternative for freeloader really, now with action replay style cheats too.
                                I know what Gecko does but have not used the net connection with it.
                                Just wondered what you used it for.

Comment

Working...
                                X