Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, do you mean the gecko symbol at the bottom of the homebrew channel? Next to the interweb symbol?

I think you can get a usb gecko device that allows you to use that rather than an SD card.

Comment

This is starting to annoy me. Can anyone tell me why the homebrew browser only connects to the net rarely?
      All wii net channels work fine. It seems to have no bearing on whether the net symbol is lit up in the homebrew channel....

Comment

It's worse for anyregion changer because it needs to connect twice and the chances of it connecting again after it manages it the first time is low.

Comment

It could be that you need to forward ports on your router. Got no idea what ports you need for gecko, but the (alleged) Wii ones are as here:

Access resources to learn everything you need to know about Wii & Wii mini.

Originally posted by Nintendo
          TCP:
          Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
          Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.

Comment

I tried turning off encryption. Don't know if it's coincidence, but it's installing fine after that.

Comment

Jap wii changed completely to US wii successfully.
              There were a few japan channels so I removed the dupes with the dupe remover, although it didnt notice the everybody votes channel.
              Updating to 3.3U

Comment

Anyone thinking of changing their region.... Don't install today's shop update until after you've changed it. The update kills the region changer. Also anyone wanting to install the homebrew channel, similar advice.

Comment

so if the homebrew channel is already installed, is it safe to do the update? and if so does the update remove any of the functions of the software available through the homebrew channel?

Comment

Anything that uses fakesignings will be killed, so installed homebrew channel is ok, but some of the things it runs won't. i.e. Anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX. I'm not sure how region free on gecko and GCBooter will be affected at the mo.

Comment

Hmm nintendo vs hackers wonder who will lose this round of firmware wars?

My moneys on nintendo, those hackers sure are smart

Glad i got world of goo, i wont be touching the shopping channel till a workaround is found. I like my wii been unlocked.

Comment

Yeah, shopping channel is a bonus for me. Surely there can't be that many people doing this? It's not like it lets you play DVDRs.

Comment

If it's anythng like the PSP, Nintendo are fighting a losing battle.

Comment

ahh made a thread about this here but feel free to move it into this one

Comment

I have a chipped Japanese Wii that I don't use but if I could change the system menus to English r lass would probably use it so with that in mind:

A) If I use AnyRegion changer, and set everything to UK-Spec, in future will the Wii download Jap or European updates?

B) Will the chip still work? (no idea which it is)

C) This Wii's fully updated, can it still be done?

If so I'm guessing the process will be:

> Run Zelda TP Hack
                              > Install Homebrew Channel (via SD?)
                              > Downgrade to 3.2? (Using?)
                              > Run AnyRegion Changer?

Also I saw a mention of PAL/NTSC... Does this mean I could set the Wii to be Euro but keep the console outputting NTSC without any Game/VC/Channel compatibility issues?
                              Last edited by 12-51-00; 12-11-2008, 17:34.

Comment

You won't need to use Zelda if you have a chipped Wii. You can just download the iso for homebrew loader from the website. I used Zelda just to see how it worked so I could help my mates out if they got stuck but I could've just burned the disc as it would've been less hassle.

AnyRegion Changer lets you install 3.2 software on your Wii regardless of what software it's curently running. I can't say anything else really as it wouldn't download for me (kept stopping mid-download), so charlesr would probably be the best person to ask as he's done the same thing (but for US).

Comment

Working...
                                X