No announcement yet.

NHL 09 [DEMO/Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so my first season ends. Played LW Sniper - Montreal Canadiens.

AHL - Played 11 G 6 A 7 Pts 13 PiM38 +11
    NHL- Played 74 G 89 A 29 Pts 118 PiM 235 +58
    Playoffs Played 19 G 34 A 5 Pts 39 PiM 27 +36

Trophies: Stanley Cup, Art Ross, Hart, Calder, Conn Smythe.

Signed for Vancouver on a 1 yr deal worth 1.775mil

Comment

Oh dear ... You're going to split up the Sedin Sisters...

Comment

Finished first season, after dragging my team out of the ****.

Regular season totals: Games 85, Goals 110, Assists 73, Points 183, PIMS 130, Plus 154 rating.
        Playoff totals: Games 21, Goals 25, Assists 19, Points 44, PIMs 39, Plus 38 rating.

Totals: Games 106, Goals 135, Assists 92, Points 227, PIMs 169, Plus 192 rating.

Stanley Cup winner, President's Trophy winner, Clarence Campbell bowl winner, Art Ross winner, Hart Memorial winner, Norris Memorial winner, Calder Memorial winner, Conn Smythe winner, Lester Pearson winner and Maurice Richard winner.
        Last edited by prinnysquad; 12-10-2008, 17:47.

Comment

Online, this game is ****.

Avoid.

Matchmaking us appalling, locking CPU bots into a human team at their skill level. So if the 'great' matchmaking puts you against an elite wonder-team, their netminder is astounding, the bots are flawless, and your bots and netty are totally ****. It turns into a scoring spree for the opposition, and a brick wall for the crapper teams (i.e., the one I'm on). There's a bug in the game that means that a pass across the crease leads to a certain goal, and the netminder never ever poke checks it away.

Umpteen games played recently, getting humped every game due to pisspoor matchmaking, and the CPU-controlled netminder lets in piss-weak goal after piss-weak goal.

A further matchmaking issue is that players get points awarded to 'stat' up their player, even if they lose. Consequently, people who have played hundreds of games have spent a ****-load of development points on Speed and Acceleration. When the crap matchmaking puts you against a team who have played, say, 500 games, you face a load of players who are twice as fast.

Utter horse****.

Comment

I don't find it that bad online. On the 360 - I find most people quit if I start winning in the first period. If I go down, I play it out. On the PS3, people seem to be a lot calmer in general and aren't smacking into you after every whistle.

Second goal in dynasty mode.

Comment

The latest patch has ruined this game.

It's now utterly hateable.

Consider it removed from my top 3 of 2008.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not an overly agressive player but my time spent in the penalty box since the patch is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                X