PvE to PvP transfers now enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvE to PvP transfers now enabled

Not sure if you're still playing Mr Fallows, but I'm sure this will be welcome news if you are.

PvP servers are going to get caned over the next few days/weeks.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to play on a pvp server - you'd just get ubers camping outside all the dungeons waiting for someone to gank.

PvE is the way to go, that way you can have a go at someone else when you want to not when they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      I can't imagine why anyone would want to play on a pvp server - you'd just get ubers camping outside all the dungeons waiting for someone to gank.
      The only people ganking lowbies are the people who are too terrible to set foot inside of a battleground or arena... and at 70 you are usually in a raid group of 10-25 so anyone attempting a gank needs balls of steel.

I once tried solo ganking a PvE guild outside Karazhan, got seven of them down but they started ressing so I was f**ked.

Whilst levelling my Mage in Stranglethorn Vale (30-40 lvl region) you do get the odd numpty group come along and manage a few kills on low lvls, although it takes less than 60 seconds for one of the levellers to log onto their fully PvP geared lvl70 for some 1 vs. 4 counter-gank.

Ganks don't last longer than five minutes unless it's a 100+ strong raid... and even those are comprised of poorly geared players usually.

PvE is the way to go, that way you can have a go at someone else when you want to not when they want to.
      You can't have a go at anyone unless they have PvP switched on, or you have PvP switched on and they attack you first.

There is honestly nothing more satisfying than having someone attempt to gank you whilst you are in a farm spot for a particular quest, only to turn the tables on them.

---

Cheers for the heads-up anyhow 45. If I start playing again I'll move my Warlock to Al'Akir.

Comment

Oh so you need a trigger for PVP? I thought the PVP trigger was for PVE servers and that you could be attacked regardless on PVP? Or is PVP restricted to the arena for PVE servers?

Comment

Aye, on a PvE realm everyone is safe, unless you think you're hard and you switch PvP on. That means you look like a mob (share the same name colour) to other players of the opposing faction.

Alternatively - if you join a battleground/arena and then leave it will take 5mins for PvP to 'wear off'.

On a PvP realm everyone is forced into PvP mode when out in the wild.

Most players are levelling new characters so the fun with randomly kicking off with others is long gone, usually. I always /wave or /nod at opposing players to show that I'm not arsed about a kickoff (unless there are two or more of them ;p )

Comment

A PVP server doesn't sound like fun to me in that case (not until u max ur level lol), if I were to start I'd want to go at a pace I was happy with, and not have to worry about being ambushed at every turn lol.

Comment

Honestly, you'd get to lvl70 and wish you were on a PvP realm. Just like me now. Most of the best PvE guilds are on PvP realms.

Go to Warcraftmovies.com and download Drakedog 8 for some killer PvP action.

The best PvE gear has stupidly high offensive (or defensive for tanks) stats, although PvP gear comes with the 'Resilience' stat which lowers crits against, crit and DoT damage against. Cap that and you're a motherbitch to even a full party of lvl70 dungeoners.

Comment

About time they incorporated this actually. Ganking is an issue in PvP WoW or was when i last played. Got bored of the Lich King halfway to lvl 71. Just can't be arsed with it anymore.

But at least players can now you can roll a toon and lvl it up to 80 on PvE in peace and at their own pace, then shift it to a PvP server while still going in BG for your fix.

I've only ever ganked once and that was a lvl 70 rogue who was camping my 30odd priest. I logged to my 70 mage and the silly sod was still there. I camped him for an hour before he got fed up He really annoyed me.

Comment

just repeated myself, almost a double post. lol.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 06-02-2009, 18:27.

Comment

Is Lich King worth persevering with as I got really bored of it. I just don't know whether i can be arsed with all the usual missions anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X