Boxed snes in cash converters today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldgamingfart View Post
    I bet it's turned yellow due to the heat in the loft space. It gets very hot up there during the summer (even during the crap one just gone). Keep the box up there, but take the system out and store it somewhere cooler. Even better, hook it up permanently to the TV!
    I've actually just bought Lok's FC twin to replace both my SNES & NES so have Jpn goodness to look forward to now as well with both & it will be a permenant fixture then
    So to be fair I think my SNES will either stay where it is or wing it's way to the Members Market for a few quid...providing it hasnt gone as wee wee yellow as I think it may have

Neil

Comment

I got a mint boxed original game boy from Crime Converters in 2002 for £12, only missing the headphones, it really is sparkly, almost unused, even has the sticker on the back of the gameboy and all the leaflets etc. I might dig it out one day.

I loved the original gameboy. especially when it was first released.

I heard the reason all this stuff yellows is just economy plastic used but who knows.

Comment

My old PAL SNES's bottom half went a bit yellow, and just the surface of the controller. My US SNES's bottom half also is a bit yellow. And my PS1 is kind of.... half yellow.

Comment

My original SNES looks like it's been sat in a working men's club since 1994 My Famicom AV and modded SNES are both fine though so I guess they'd sorted the plastic out by the time they were made.

Comment

Im convinced there was a thread on one of the PC Engine forums about bleaching the cases. Im sure it would work on the SNES too!
            If i find it again, ill post it up as it might be helpful to a few of you

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
              Im convinced there was a thread on one of the PC Engine forums about bleaching the cases. Im sure it would work on the SNES too!
              If i find it again, ill post it up as it might be helpful to a few of you
              Its wierd quoting yourself!

Anyways, found it!

Hope this helps somewhat! Might give it a try myself sometime

Comment

Amigas tend to go a yucky piss colour too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                  http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/cl..._pcengine.html

Hope this helps somewhat! Might give it a try myself sometime
                  Cheers, I might try that with my US SNES.

Comment

The trouble with bleaching the US SNES is that it might bleach the warning label below the power switch as well!

Comment

Yes, I noticed that earlier.

Comment

Just pulled the nameplate from UK SNES out of bleach after 9 hours of soaking. No noticeable difference on the yellowing, although there was a layer of scum on the bleach after, suggesting it did some good.

The good news for anyone who wants to give it a try is that it didn't bleach the Super Nintendo name/logo.

Comment

I'm quite sure I remember reading somewhere that the Pc engine bleach cleaning won't work on a snes.

Comment

Yes I think with severe yellowing on the SNES, it goes a bit 'skin deep'. Can also make the plastic brittle and prone to cracking.

Comment

Apparently the plastic is very porous and yes , it indeed goes all the way through

edit: I saw a snes in a market place in town the other day and it was 100% grey and minty, I almost picked it up just because of that hehe.

Comment

Click me if you dare!

Comment

Working...
                                X