Armored Core For Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armored Core For Answer

Bought the Ps3 version yesterday, US english copy. While I found AC4 very disappointing, I'm liking FA so far. Its much, much better than AC4.

Controls are fun, its easy to get into if you use Simple. I might try other setups too. This game won't mess with your hands like the last one did. If you have AC4 savedata, you can also transfer over.

Graphics look decent, a lot is going on and you can destroy about everything. Customize is deep, so far I've coloured my mech in Blue/black. But you can do lots and lots of other things that actually go way too deep for my knowledge. Equipment Screens are improved, which I found a relief.

This game also sports 2 player online co-op, the good thing is.. you can search region specific or Worldwide. So far, only japanese seem to be playing, but its at least not region locked. As usual, finishing single player and unlocking everything gives you more possibilities so i'm not touching online yet.

thanks, sounds good I've been looking out for this and will most likely get a US copy for me 360 if the Pal isn't released soon..

Comment

Does anyone know what the PAL release date was for this? I noticed it in gamestation and was pretty surprised as I had seen nothing on it other than the news thread on here. I asked for it in HMV and they said it was discontinued! Ended up picking it up off eBay. Talk about a low key release, even this first play thread is very short. I thought of all places to get info it would be here
      Last edited by davek22; 12-01-2009, 16:26. Reason: Error

Comment

It was sometime during the glut of major releases. I keep meaning to pick up a copy, but it's still 40 quid at most places, was hoping it would be in the January sales.

Comment

It's £25 on PS3 at gamestation. I managed to get it for £17 on eBay. I still have mirrors edge, prince of persia and quantum of solace in celophane with no urge to play them but I can't wait for this to turn up.

Comment

Hmmm, I looked today and it was still £40 (same price on the website too). I'll have a look on eBay.

Comment

I'd love to get into AC but I simply cannot find the time or get my head around it whenever I do try. Being the packrat collector that I am I now own all but 1 of the PS2 PAL releases (missing Nine Breaker) but I've never given any of them more than fifteen minutes - the control system (yes, even the new one) does my head in. I tried the demo, couldn't work out how to stay in the air or even strafe and aim effectively, couldn't get an answer here, went on GameFAQs, saw their board was full of arrogant little ****s who jumped all over anyone challenging their wisdom, shrugged and gave up. Shame. Despite the archaic graphics engine I'd still love to give the franchise more of a go. The very concept of AC4A still sends shivers of delight down my spine.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
                Hmmm, I looked today and it was still ?40 (same price on the website too). I'll have a look on eBay.
                Yeah I noticed its 40 quid on gamestation website but instore its in their sale for 24.99.
                I was totally confused by AC4 and it took me a good few hours to get my head into but when it clicked it was a hell of an experience. Just a great old fashioned shooter. The previous mech game I played was that slow lumbering 360 one, which I cant remember the name of, so it was nice to play one with such great speed and control.
                I have been off my games recently and its great to get a buzz out of really looking forward to a game again

Comment

Game have this for £17 at the moment and the original AC4 for £15.

Comment

Working...
                  X