No announcement yet.

Disgaea DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just experimented with the PSP version. Etna on Demonhall Mirror in CoO. Maximum Enemy Strength.

With an enemy not on the EXP+100 she got 11353392 EXP
    With the same enemy on EXP+100 she got 22706784 EXP

So that would be EXP+100%

The Item World in the DS version seems much flatter than in the PSP/PS2 version (though on the PSP version they seemed to have less variety).

Comment

Cheers guys.

Strange how it's different for Invincibility and other effects. Wonder how it works with DEF effects. Hmm, think I'll go and try it out. I believe I'm making this more complex than it really is!

Got the prinny commentaries and Pleineir aswell. Completely abused the hospital prize system yesterday and now have loads of cool gear that'll help through a few episodes.
      Last edited by GasMan; 20-10-2008, 16:41.

Comment

I am determined to get the DS version into the same state as my PSP version. Cave of Ordeals open. Powerful Mages etc.

Just can't think how people can get their characters to Lv 9999 for a reincarnation quickly enough with one Statistician, even on maximum enemy strength. Come to think of itm the best place to level is Cave of Ordeals in Etna Mode as they are that much more powerful. May have to try that on the PSP version and see what I would be up against.

Comment

Might sound odd but it's really easy to get adjusted to the DS version after playing the excellent PSP version. Even the graphical effects and screen size aren't as much of an issue after playing on the DS for a short while.

Which is good because the DS is my choice of handheld simply for convenience and the ability of it to just be closed over. Really wish they had designed the PSP like that.

Out of curiosity Bassman, how many hours have you clocked up now?

Comment

I would agree that it is easy to get used to the DS version. The added features of the implementation more than make up for the relative lack of screen size over the PSP.

I have only put in about 9.5 hours on the DS version so far. I am still on the Hoggmeister chapter. I haven't touched it in a couple of days or so. PSP is at 320 hours and the PS2 at 520 hours!

I have been too busy with Disgaea 3... getting towards 400 hours and at the point where I can take a Mage from Lv 1 to Lv 9999 in three visits to House of Ordeals 4 in the Land of Carnage. Building a set of Mages capable of 2,000,000 HP hits on a standard Fire/Wind/Ice. Then maybe I can find some high rank items in (I presume) the Item World there.

I am having some electircal work done at home tomorrow so may have to resort to the DS version (battery permitting) for some entertainment as I will be without power for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              PSP is at 320 hours and the PS2 at 520 hours!
              Holy crap, that's phenomenal!

Not touched the game since Monday night myself. I'm looking at getting through some more episodes so I can concentrate on getting some Statisticians via the item world for the future.

Comment

At least you can find Statisticians in the Items as bought, unlike Disgaea 3 where you only get them from Item World Events and Reverse Pirating.

Comment

I've never played any Disgaea before so got the DS one to pop my cherry, but all these posts of many hundreds of hours of play and lvls. in the thousands etc. make it seem more than somewhat unapproachable...

Comment

You don't have to do any of that stuff if you don't want. You can play through the story mode without needing to know about any of the more complex high level things. I'd guess the story is 30-40 hours, so fairly long but not insanely so.

Comment

Ta, that sounds more like the amount of time/effort I can afford to devote to a game right now...

Comment

Just ordered mine from VG+ after trying it out a little and wanting a good RPG that would last ages if I wanted it to. These timers sound scary though, between two Pokémon games I've done over 250 hours, Tactics Ogre I went over 120 hours on 2 saves, but 400 hours? Scary.
                        Hopefully I'll finish DQ4 or Mother 3 before this turns up or it'll have to sit on the shelf until I have a commute again.
                        This will be my first Disgaea so the possibilities seem nearly infinite. Sounds great, though.

Comment

2 1/2 questions.
                          1) I combined an enemy up to level 99 but he wouldn't go any higher than that and I couldn't throw anyone else onto him. I think it also stopped me throwing anyone into anyone else on that particular map too, but I've seen characters above level 99. Is 99 the limit on enemies or can you go above 99 later on? Supplementary question: Is it better to combine enemies or will killing them all seperately give you the same amount of EXP?
                          2) Is there an easy way to get Gency's Exit items? They're not in the shop yet and I've only had 2 in 15 hours of play, one won through the bonus gauge and the other given to me by the gatekeeper.
                          Have just figured out about moving subjugated residents between items which is of course excellent and should make for some weapons of filthy proportions.
                          I know the easy answer is "Go and read a FAQ" but they are everything-heavy and I only really want the answers to these questions for now.
                          Cheers!
                          Last edited by vertigo; 02-01-2009, 16:10.

Comment

i have had this sitting on my floor for about 3 or 4 months now i think it is about time i started playing this

Comment

In the PS2 one there was no limit to combining enemies. It's possible they've limited the level on them because originally there was a borderline exploit where you could get a team of level 9999 monsters with minimal work.

You only get a mr Gency's exit once every 10 levels of the item world (when you beat the boss), they tend to build up a bit so long as you don't get in over your head levelling items

Comment

hush: Be prepared not to play anything else then. I saved it for a time when I'd have a commute as I tend not to RPG unless it's handheld and commutes are an ideal time to do that.
                                Probably the only gripe I have with the game, and it's a large one, is the lack of a suspend option. Portable RPG faux pas, even though you can close the DS, you can't play something else and come back in the middle of a level, which is particularly demanding with the item world.

abigsmurf: OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X