Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Well im 2 hours in only but im love love loveing it, graphics are very crisp and clean the car's handle great, had a brief shot online with CTF mode exellent fun. Ive been hopeing for online game like midtowwn madness from xbox 1 and this game has all that gonna, last a longgg time has spectator mode and also let's you even change camera view in spec mode plus looking behind spec car aswell as standard front mode, as they have whats looks like covered for most peoples taste in the car view and handling of the cars.

so far it gets a 9/10 but could go up real soon

Wouldnt happen to know if it's full of region free goodness would you sire lok???

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Wouldnt happen to know if it's full of region free goodness would you sire lok???

Neil

Hi bud, region locked im pretty sure, see you soon in game i hope, im loveing the powerup icons on ctf, someone was chasing me with the flag and had an ice cube poweup which shrouded my car in the shape of a semi transparent ice cube lol i skidded everywhere soo funny.

CUSTOM RACE

1 ordered race
      2 circuit race
      3 landmark race
      4 free for all capture the flag
      5 splitbase capture the flag
      6 basewar capture the flag
      7 free for all stockpile
      8 stockpile
      9 keep away
      Last edited by Lok; 23-10-2008, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Lok View Post
        Hi bud, region locked im pretty sure, see you soon in game i hope, im loveing the powerup icons on ctf, someone was chasing me with the flag and had an ice cube poweup which shrouded my car in the shape of a semi transparent ice cube lol i skidded everywhere soo funny.
        How random is this...Play-Asia are listing Asian version as Region Free on PAL but not US

Midnight Club: Los Angeles for Xbox360The best way to see Los Angeles is at 245mph.Race at breakneck speeds through the streets of modern-day L.A. recreated in stunning detail. Drive the hottest range of real-world tuners, muscle cars, exotics and superbikes on the streets today. Customize your vehicle with the best after-market performance parts and custom kits. Illegal street racing with no track, no load times, no rules: Welcome to the Midnight Club.

Not often they do it that way round

Got a few PAL games going spare that I might trade in at the weekend incase the PAL version is the same...if not I'm sure it will sell on here easily enough

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          How random is this...Play-Asia are listing Asian version as Region Free on PAL but not US

Midnight Club: Los Angeles for Xbox360The best way to see Los Angeles is at 245mph.Race at breakneck speeds through the streets of modern-day L.A. recreated in stunning detail. Drive the hottest range of real-world tuners, muscle cars, exotics and superbikes on the streets today. Customize your vehicle with the best after-market performance parts and custom kits. Illegal street racing with no track, no load times, no rules: Welcome to the Midnight Club.

Not often they do it that way round

Got a few PAL games going spare that I might trade in at the weekend incase the PAL version is the same...if not I'm sure it will sell on here easily enough

Neil
          Heh, anyway grab it sire neileus you will love it i bet my house you will, well that's if the goverment does not take it off me first

Comment

Had a quick go on it and loved it. It seeemd really dark and I couldn't seem to find a brightness option in game.

Anyone found one yet?

Comment

im loveing the powerup icons on ctf, someone was chasing me with the flag and had an ice cube poweup which shrouded my car in the shape of a semi transparent ice cube lol i skidded everywhere soo funny.

Loved the ice cube one before...line someone up and hit them with it just as they're approaching a corner and watch them slide right on past

Looking forward to having a go on this later

Comment

Soundwave-2K/Rockstar did the same for GTAIV. In fact I bought an Asian copy of GTAIV on the 360 from PA and recieved a PAL version.

I've just had a few races on the PS3 version of this and it's sweet. The handling is nice and arcadey and the game is great to look at. I'm looking forward to playing some more later

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                  Soundwave-2K/Rockstar did the same for GTAIV. In fact I bought an Asian copy of GTAIV on the 360 from PA and recieved a PAL version.

I've just had a few races on the PS3 version of this and it's sweet. The handling is nice and arcadey and the game is great to look at. I'm looking forward to playing some more later
                  Duh of course they did...my copy of GTAIV from P-A was a PAL copy too
                  Cant believe I forgot that

Rightho so it's trade in's at Game/Gamestation/HMV this weekend then

Looking forward to this...enjoyed the old one's on X-box 1

Neil

Comment

Nice to hear its good I ordered it on impulse buy at 4am after watching a video, knew nowt about the series till then.

Comment

Been playing the for a good couple of hours now and well it is good but very challenging.

Will start off by saying this a very good looking game, everything from the cars to the open world environment looks fantastic. I seriously was not expecting it to look this good, even the "cutscenes" look great. Presentation is top notch too, you have an google earth style map which zooms in and out before the start of a race or whenever you vist the map screen. Nice little touch I thought.

The open world layout is pretty similar to previous Midnight Club games or even Burnout Paradise, only major difference being there is a "story" so you also get race information through an on-screen phone. So far the races I have done have all been checkpoint ones but I gather there are other types too, as you progress you unlock them. As you race you gain respect which is then used to progress the game, even if you don't finish first you still gain respect which is great cos getting those wins is quite difficult.

There are 4 different difficulties of races, from easy to very hard but there is not too much of a difference between them as they are all pretty challenging. Apart from the early few races I had to redo the other ones a couple of times to finish first. The computer controlled cars hardly make a mistake and when they do it doesn't seem to slow them down much. However if you make a mistake it usually means that you will have an uphill struggle for the rest of the race. Personally, I have managed to recover one or twice but most of the time if I crashed I didn't finish first.

You can also customise your vehicle, the options are pretty much what you would expect from this type of game. From your bumpers to your brakes, you can customise away to your hearts content. At the start you get to choose one car from three, I went for the Golf and it handles pretty well. To be honest ,if you have played any of the Need for Speed games then you will be right at home with what it as offer here.

To sum up it is a good racing game which probably would have been an excellent racing game if it was slightly more balanced. Don't let the difficulty put you off too much though as there is still lots of fun to be had here, as mentioned above the online modes are really good.

Comment

Ive been hopeing for online game like midtowwn madness from xbox 1 and this game has all that gonna, last a longgg time

SOLD ! that was an amazing game online. Might grab this just for online, think the single player difficulty will put me off.

Comment

This is a fantastic game. Playing on a PS3. Superb graphics (better than GTA4 I'd wager) really slick user interface. It's just fantastic fun. Anyone else playing this?

Comment

Yup, I like it. I hate NFS and GTA though.

This one just clicks. GTA has NOTHING on these graphics btw. This is way, way more beautiful in terms of lighting, framerate, detail, smoothness.. its only natural as this game focusses on driving only. It lacks some graphical wowz other racers have but this one has so much going on that its one impressive looking racer.

I also think that the cockpit view is awesome, everything is still clearly visible in this mode.

Comment

How big is the map or "world" in this? Is it the sort of virtual place in which you can drive for ages & get lost & all that?

Comment

Working...
                              X