No announcement yet.

Far Cry 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame, the game really picks up after a few hours. Once you start unlocking the better weapons and upgrades the combat becomes a lot more satisfying. The opening section is not really representitive of the full experience.

I was given an awesome sniper rifle for one of the plot missions earlier, it was the loudest thing I've ever heard Definately not meant for stealth!

Comment

I've just brought this after completing Fable 2 and i'm stunned. Ubi' Montreal seems to have done a brilliant job again! It reminds me completely of Stalker.

Comment

I'm enjoying it so far, but I can't wait to get hold of some new guns. What's the point of the weapons creates? (primary, secondary etc) Does it just allow you to store a weapon you've found so it's always available?

Also, I found a great little racing buggy type thing, but as I carefully drove out of the shack I got it wedged and stuck on a rock

Comment

After an hour or two of playtesting I published my first mutliplayer map last night

Fairly small map but managed to make it quite densely packed with some gun boats, crawl spaces and verticle spots at sunrise. Gonna try a more simpler, open map next to experiment with the vehicles in verticle spaces. First maps called '001-Hell's Gorge' if ya' stumble across it

Comment

Originally posted by momobeast View Post
            Are the buses the only way of fast travel? I'm finding the travelling in trucks and through checkpoints a bit tedious. Why cant they stay cleared?
            They do if you 'unlock' them. Each of the enemy outposts have a padlock symbol on them on the map, when you've killed everyone at an enemy outpost make sure you explore it until the game says it's been cleared and the lock has gone on the map (it's usually a hut with health or ammo than simply need entering).

Also, use boats whenever you can, they're far quicker than anything on-road

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              After an hour or two of playtesting I published my first mutliplayer map last night

Fairly small map but managed to make it quite densely packed with some gun boats, crawl spaces and verticle spots at sunrise. Gonna try a more simpler, open map next to experiment with the vehicles in verticle spaces. First maps called '001-Hell's Gorge' if ya' stumble across it
              If there's a search for maps button in this then i'll have a look at your map and tell you what I think.

Comment

Cheers Some of the onfoot area's are a little sticky but should be traversable. In the late stages some of the 'Bump' and 'Smooth' options became quite glitchy.

Comment

Just tried searching 001 Hells Gorge and it didn't find anything...

Comment

I bet its search function is specific to spelling instead of finding the nearest results

001-Hell's Gorge

Exactly as above, hopefully it should come up then... I hope!

Comment

Don't like this.
                      The combat is uninspiring and it doesn't feel like the shots connect to the enemies you are shooting at.
                      Too many random encounters. It pissed me off so much. Id be trying to navigate to the next objective, drive through a group of people who immediatly attacked me on site (WHY??). Then they would chase the vehicle down and cause loads of damage, id have to get out and fight them leaving me with no ammo because it takes too much ammo to kill them. They would also end up blowing both mine and there vehicles up. leaving me with no transport

It too dark. Way too dark. I had to turn the brightness up to full to actually see the doors on the buildings. Its like it was programmed by the RNIB.

In the end i just couldn't be bothered. I got some mission where i had to yet again travel somewhere (without any transport because of the above issues) and just thought "i cannot be bothered". That just sums it up. It is not worth my time

Its a poor effort at a sandbox game. Its a 90's game with 2008 graphics. So glad i didn't buy this. Its going back to its owner post haste.

Comment

With Dead Space out of the way I've gone back to this. Still enjoying it. Not tackled any more missions in the main story, just exploring the coutryside looking out for diamonds to build up my arsenal. I decided to go with a sniper rifle and I'm finding it more enjoyable, clearing out safe houses and outpost is now much easier.

So has anyone put much time into multiplayer?

Comment

Not really very impressed by this, after the polish EA have given Dead Space. It's good, not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but something about it just fails to grab me as much as I'd hoped. Terrible voice acting (Christ, did Ubisoft offer these people a bonus if they got out of the booth as fast as possible?), very little flair to the graphics (no real artistic direction or upfront technical wizardry), uninspired pacing, same-old-same-old FPS gunplay. It's good and I'd like to play some more of it, but it just feels like a PC game from three or four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
                            So has anyone put much time into multiplayer?
                            It's crap unless you enjoy glitchy snipefests or being punished because you haven't unlocked the RPG yet. Tatty and not very polished. You can see just how tatty it is because all of 40 people play it on Live.

Comment

Finished this tonight and with 33 hours on the clock I absolutely loved this. I loved walking around the terrain, avoiding checkpoints/sneaking up on checkpoints, using different weapons etc.

The graphics are absolutely terrific as well and there's nothing more amazing than running across the terrain at 7am with the sunrays coming through the trees whilst you are running towards a mission. Or sneaking into an enemy camp at 3am whilst the wind's howling and you are only using a silenced pistol to clear out a camp, fantastic stuff.

It reminded me so much of Stalker in the loneliness vibe that it has going, especially since I turned off the music which I highly recommend (the music's ace, just prefer the ambient noises of the place)

Easily one of my favourite games of this year.

Comment

ive been playing it for 6 hours, i like it, it can get really frustrating with the checkpoint battles and the long drives, but so far it feels like its getting better,

i hope they release an update to fix the annoying RPG glitch, when u fire your rpg the rocket just hits the ground, it goes round and round and finally it explodes, happened way too much in 6 hours. also i keep hearing about freezing glitches that result in losing your saves.

but overall its really a cool engaging game, u choose your path, your M.O, and there are sooooo many missions overall that would keep u busy, i havent touched Dead space yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X