No announcement yet.

Fallout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm there was indeed a well know bug relating to the Lincol Memorial that caused freezes but certainly for me the long awaited patch that they released sorted it. I take it you're on live and have had the update?

Comment

I dont think the GOTY addition dosnet need any updates, it has them all on it already as far as I can remember.

Comment

Strangely I had another try just now and went directly there (with sidekicks as I did last time) and it worked just fine. Seeing as it locked about half a dozen times earlier I find it a little bizarre.

Comment

The game has many freezing issues, but luckily the game auto saves when you change areas. I used to play Fallout 3 on the Xbox and I remember clearing the hardrive cache often fixed the crashing... for a little bit. Playing GOTY on the PS3 now and the crashing is still there but it can sometimes be fixed by holding the PS button to bring up the XMB and closing it again.

Comment

Only just started playing this.. Not sure if it's going to gel with me - just seem to be wandering around aimlessly..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
              Only just started playing this.. Not sure if it's going to gel with me - just seem to be wandering around aimlessly..
              Have you found Megaton yet? Things get a whole load more interesting when you do .

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                Have you found Megaton yet? Things get a whole load more interesting when you do .
                Yep, done some of the missions, killed some people that I probably shouldn't have etc. It's just not grabbing me yet.

Comment

^Persist - it's worth it for the Ripper alone!

Started playing this 5/6 nights ago, initially felt that overwhelming desire to give up before I'd even started, despite the game so obviously reeking of quality from the outset (it's kinda...TOO MUCH). Disciplined myself to play through it, spent the early parts killing low-level enemies and lockpicking, slowly but surely started to garner some power ie. fun from this.

I'm Level 9.5 right now, feel pretty badass. As an OCD-type gamer, I'm trying to delay completion 'til I jizz away the sidequests, I'm taking things sloooow and am killing everything I can (bar ingame characters) to get my XP up. Got the

Power Fist

a bit ago, it's an absolute mincemeat-maker, Raiders fear the wrath of my bash!!!

What I'm loving is the strength of the save system coupled with the Ripper. I'm on Rivet City, numerous non-baddie characters there to gain game-depth from yet I can just

slaughter them all* with this incredibly fun weapon and then just rewind and it's like it never happened. Proper Texas Chainsaw-style

rampages that actually feel fun. It's ace.

(*But NOT

Abraham Washington

, he's seemingly immortal, you *cannot* take that c*nt's head off with the Ripper, nor with any other weapons)
                  Last edited by JazzFunk; 02-05-2011, 04:02.

Comment

I luv the comment you posted Jazzfunk! It definately reminds me of how I felt play this a couple of years back... This game has got to be on of my favourite and memorable gaming experiences I have ever had in my life. Like Last Ninja 2, Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart and Shadowrun (and a few more, who's name escapes me at this point) before it, it is up there as a defining moment in my gaming experience...

These instances don't come along often, but when they do - they are MAGICAL!

Shame the same can't be said for New Vegas. Ive spent a vast amount of time on that game, and it just never gripped me the way Fall Out 3 did... Maybe too much of the same thing, or a case of a poor storyline...

Comment

^No doubt about that! I imagined it would be boring, overhyped, derelict in feel and lacking in soul (given it's set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland) but instead I'm finding it really fun and exciting, plus the world itself feels very alive, not only are there oodles of human characters and enemies but a tremendous amount of fauna, too. Plus, there's immense tension to some of the indoor battles, it often has this superb survival horror-style feel that really gets the blood pumping, I really like the way this game plays because I wasn't expecting it to be as fun as it is.

Another thing, the slo-mo VATS headshot decapitations are immense!!! Not in a seriously grim type of way, more in a Pythonesque manner, some crazy physics at play there, how those heads just roll off, always fun and never gets old. Took a dog out with a combat knife, it's head just dropped off, its body still standing. I'm a bit of a fun headshot/dismemberment ho, and this game is definitely in my Top 3 in that regard.

One question about the DLC. As I've got the GOTY 2-disc edition, once I've completed the main quest, in which order is it best to play the DLC? For instance, I've heard the Mothership Zeta add-on can interfere with other DLC, or the main game(????? Forgive me if I'm completely wrong about this)

Comment

As far as I can remember (played the game through a few times about 8 months ago) I don't think the DLC has any effect on the main game. I was playing the 360 GOTY version.

Just had to check the guide to refresh my memory and Broken Steel actually flows from the original storyline. The other stories are set in other locations so have no impact on the main story and as a result can be done at any point in the story.

I must say I found the enemies somewhat tougher in Point Lookout. I presume that from the level point of view the other loaction DLC can safely be done at any point.

Comment

Where I think the DLC will affect it is that some of the DLC ups the level cap and adds new monsters. So you'll encounter these new monsters in other places too, outside of the DLC areas. I think it's Broken Steel that ups the level cap. I can't remember Zeta affecting anything other than my enjoyment (it's a bit rubbish and a bit of a chore).

Comment

Working...
                          X