No announcement yet.

Discounted Retro Console Modding - Console Passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to say I was not impressed with this guy.

I thought I was buying a pre-modded N64 from the site, it certainly read that way. An advert showing an N64 RGB "In stock". It turns out the mod still needed to be done and I should have read the FAQ on the site, it took about a week to arrive. I asked about the condition of the machine, he said good, but when I received it, the top was scratched to hell. The RGB lead provided was wired up poorly so the picture cut out if knocked. Also the mod was pretty dark.

So, yeah there is my experience of Console Passion....
    Last edited by SUMIRE; 07-12-2011, 09:26. Reason: additional info

Comment

Just noticed the above post so I feel I should be allowed to reply.

Firstly, all mods we do are done to order and are not shipped back the very next day. There is an FAQ section on the site which explains this. Mods have to be tested and left to run a few hours which accounts for the delay. Normally our mods are turned around within a day, but my wife had just had our baby daughter a few weeks before so there was a slight delay on the mods as I was understandably busy, however the delay was nothing more than a few days.

The console is second hand and wasn't described anywhere on the site as mint. I use the same supplier for all my consoles and I have never had any complaints on the condition before, but everyone is different and some people have higher standards than others. I did offer a replacement or refund but he turned down the offer.

The RGB cable was a brand new commercially made cable straight from the box, and the RGB mod is the same mod I do on every console and again I have only had one person return it as they had issues with their TV (the console worked find on the customers other TV, but he asked to return anyway which I obliged). As anyone who mods consoles will know every TV is different and a console may work perfectly on 100 TV's but behave oddly on another.

Additionally, like I said and what the above poster failed to point out, I offered a replacement or a full refund, so given I answered the rather curt emails he sent me quickly and politely, explained all of the above points to him and offered a full refund I don't really know what else I can do in a situation like this.

I stand by my mods, and by my customer service record - I have been doing this for 11 years now and I get new customers every day so I must be doing something right.

AndyB

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero View Post
        Any idea when the Super Famicoms will be on stock again?
        Reminder for this one!

Comment

Are these guys still modding?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
            Are these guys still modding?
            Good question - I'm thinking about getting my hands on a US N64 and modding it to play JPN games (yes, I could do it myself but would much rather it done to something approaching a more professional standard if possible).

Comment

But that's literally removing a little bit of plastic..

Doesn't seem that "professional" to me either.

Comment

You could easily do it yourself, don't wanna pay someone to do something like this.

Last edited by stevie vip 99; 04-01-2014, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  But that's literally removing a little bit of plastic..

Doesn't seem that "professional" to me either.
                  Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                  You could easily do it yourself, don't wanna pay someone to do something like this.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/universal-...y-nintendo-64/
                  Again, I'm aware of what the process entails and that I could do it myself. My experience of hardmodding is not even limited though, so I don't really want to risk properly damaging my console by doing it myself.

I'd seriously have no qualms paying someone to do it for me as long as they didn't take the piss - could it really be that expensive at this point?

Comment

Probably not gonna charge too much but factor in postage there and back and it mounts up.

Comment

I am nervous about modding but did this myself. Very easy.

Comment

It's literally just undoing some screws. It's the easiest videogame mod of all time. Unless you had an uncontrollable third evil arm that wields a chainsaw, it is literally impossible to damage the console in any way whatsoever. I've even got an official Nintendo tool that I could lend you for the cost of return postage. You wouldn't even scratch any of the screws then, like with a cheap "Gamebit".
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 05-01-2014, 12:47.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If you do send it off you might as well get it RGB modded as well

Comment

TBH, it really isn't worth sending me your N64 console just for a US/JAP region mod - as previously stated it literally is removing a few tabs of plastic.

I do it for free with every RGB mod I do...

Andy

Comment

Andy, are you still doing the discount for members? If so how much would it be to do the switchless Mega Drive 1 & Mega CD 1 mod, including return shipping?

Comment

They do but you are better off emailing them from the site, Andy admitted he barely comes here now

I think they quoted me something like ?80 to do my MD2 & MCD2 back when I actually cared about doing it...that day has long since passed now.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X