Discounted Retro Console Modding - Console Passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounted Retro Console Modding - Console Passion

As agreed with the forum moderators, I?m discounting my new range of premium modifications for all NSTC:UK visitors - these are the switchless modifications that some of you may have already seen or heard about. The modifications are based on the design by Sebastian Kienzl, but with the exception of the Sega Saturn they are designed and coded in house at Console Passion. These are fully legal modifications and essentially they will allow you to play imported games and change the region of your console without having to fit cumbersome switches to your machines. I'm also doing a discount on our Neo Geo AES modification.

For further information and demonstrations, click the link in the titles to open up a youtube video of the modification.

The following modifications are discounted:

Sega Megadrive/Genesis 1 & 2
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to change between the three console regions ? Japan, USA & Europe. You can also toggle the display setting between 50Hz and 60Hz, which allows PAL games to be played at full speed in full screen. Widen the cartridge slot to allow Japanese cartridges to fit into the smaller European/American console slot. Discounted to ?30 plus return postage.

Super Nintendo/Super Famicom
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to enable or disable the region lockout on the console. You can also toggle the display setting between 50Hz and 60Hz, which allows PAL games to be played at full speed in full screen. Widen the cartridge slot to allow American cartridges to fit into the smaller SNES or Super Famicom slot. Discounted to ?30 plus return postage.

Sega Saturn
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to change between the three console regions ? Japan, USA & Europe. You can also toggle the display setting between 50Hz and 60Hz, which allows PAL games to be played at full speed in full screen. Discounted to ?50 plus return postage.

Sega Nomad
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to change between the three console regions ? Japan, USA & Europe. You can also toggle the display setting between 50Hz and 60Hz, which allows PAL games to be played at full speed in full screen. Widen the cartridge slot to allow Japanese cartridges to fit into the smaller Nomad console slot. You can also disable the modification if necessary to allow seven button games to be played. A power and region indicator LED is also fitted. Discounted to ?30 plus return postage.

Sega Mega CD 1 & Megadrive 1 MultiBIOS Combo
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to change between the three console regions ? Japan, USA & Europe. You can also toggle the display setting between 50Hz and 60Hz, which allows PAL games to be played at full speed in full screen. Widen the cartridge slot to allow Japanese cartridges to fit into the smaller The switchless mod board also controls the region of the Mega-CD and changes the region of the fitted MultiBIOS chip accordingly. Discounted to ?50 plus return postage.

Sega Master System 1 & 2
    Fit the switchless mod board that allows you to change between the two display settings 50Hz and 60Hz. If the mod is done on a Sega Master System 2, a power and region indicator LED is also fitted. Discounted to ?25 plus return postage.

Neo Geo AES
    Fit fully registered latest UniBIOS chip in socket. Perform RGB Bypass mod to improve picture quality. Fit bright blue LED power indicator under reset switch. Discounted to ?65 plus return postage.

To order any of the modifications at the discounted price, please PM me.

Thanks,

AndyB

Dealing with Console Passion recently reminded me of England’s finest mail order based grey importers from back in the heyday. Old fashioned approachable, personal and knowledgeable service but coupled with modern day on-line efficiency.

We wanted to play NTSC Sensible Soccer on a Super Famicom in Tokyo, a task more difficult than it first seems in reality. Console Passion were the ONLY people capable of providing us with a workable, cost-effective solution with both the hardware and software needed. We can now play Sensi in Tokyo, in NTSC! Our favourite pre-pub game is back, we are delighted!

I have been dealing with grey importers for exactly 20 years now and Console Passion come highly recommended.

JAPJAC.
    Last edited by JAPJAC; 12-12-2008, 02:02.

Comment

Recommended

Just received a switchless SNES from Console Passion.

It arrived in a couple of days and was packaged well.

Set it up and plugged it in last night and it all worked very well.

I'd recommend Console Passion to anyone into retro consoles.

Comment

Andy did the Switchless mod to my MD2 and I am so happy with the results. It's easy to use and is just brilliant. I also got an RGB SCART cable made up too and it makes my MD2 look brilliant - even on my 40" LCD.

Would reccomend!
        Cheers

Comment

Console Passion performed the switchless mod on my Saturn and I couldn't be happier with it, it functions exactly as it does in the video. I think if you want a clean and reliable region mod that doesn't involve drilling into your system casing then Andy's mods are the way to go and I will definitely go to him in the future for mods of this nature.

Comment

Pm sent (regarding N64 RGB mod)

Comment

Low on stock on Super Famicoms at the moment? I'm interested in a switchless base unit

Comment

I have a switchless modded Saturn from Console Passion and it's superb. How lucky that I just signed up here now I can get a discount on more work I want doing

Comment

Good to see Console Passion still up and running

Comment

Are Console Passion still up and running? The site doesn't seem very active. I wouldn't mind sending off my SNES for modification.

Comment

I mailed them this week and got a reply. It seems they are still modding.

Comment

Yes, still modding on a daily basis!

AndyB

Comment

Still doing these mods, the SNES mod we do is now the Ikari Mod so it priced at ?50 rather than ?30 - can't update this thread as it's too old
                          Last edited by AndyB; 16-08-2011, 15:56.

Comment

Any idea when the Super Famicoms will be on stock again=

Comment

anyone heard from Andy? sent him a snes last week and not heard from him..

hopefully just busy.

just got a mail, been on hols!!
                              Last edited by beecee; 31-05-2011, 12:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X