Happy dance collection JPN Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy dance collection JPN Wii

I doubt many people are gonna get this but i though i'd least give it some publicity as its a great game.

Had this since last week, another great music game for the wii. It's the japanese version of Namco's We cheer totally remade for the japanese market. Everything from the graphics to the music to the dance moves have all been changed pretty much an entirely new game.

The songs are pretty much standard j-pop but there should be something in there for everyone however theres only 25 songs in the game so quite a small list. Heres whats in there. Not sure of the last 5 as i havent unlocked them yet.

J-POP
    Kibun Jojo ↑↑
    Koko ni Iru yo feat. Aoyama Thelma
    Natsumatsuri
    Aiuta
    Ikenai Taiyou
    KISS-****e
    Choo Choo TRAIN
    ASIA no Junshin
    CUTIE HONEY
    POP STAR
    LOVE MACHINE
    Aoi Sangoshou, Rock?n Rouge, Natsu no Tobira, Akai Sweet Pea (Matsuda Seiko medley)

Anime/Game
    Chance! (Kirarin☆Revolution)
    Happy☆彡 (Kirarin☆Revolution)
    Together (Pokemon)
    Hagushichao (Doraemon)
    Precure 5, Full Throttle GoGo! (Yes! Precure 5 GoGo!)
    Precure 5 Smile, go go! (Yes! Precure 5)
    Anpanman no March (Soreike! Anpanman)
    GO MY WAY!! (Idolm@ster)

The game plays slightly different to we cheer, firstly you use only one remote instead of 2 however it's just as hard in song difficulty, don't think your going to have it easy because you only have 1 remote. The game requires you to copy the dance routine of the idol on screen, the moves you need to do appear on screen & slowly fade into view, you then move in the direction of the star & match its speed.

Heres a video i made of it in motion, sorry for the poor quality & low sound but i recorded it on my digi camera, also i wasnt playing which is why none of the moves were regestering as hits, i cant play & film at the same time

In the songs theres also other moves you will have to do apart from directions, these are usually indicated by a word & a picture, for example theres one of a person holding the remote in one of 3 positions this is when you have to pose, another one you have to point to the screen (at the sensor bar) another you have to play air guitar, another you have to dance round on the spot ect... not every song has these in but they are scattered through the songs, you can easily tell what your meant to be doing as your idol counterpart on screen will be doing the correct thing

The graphics themselves are very nice & the motion capture is well done as well, the graphics sort of remind me of idolmaster on 360 & your Mii's will appear in the audience on the stages you play cheering you on which is a nice touch. The idols themselves are actually holding wi remotes on the screen so you can see how they are moving them which is a nice touch.

Theres a couple of different gameplay modes, theres the main mode where you choose a song & then just play, unlike we cheer your not penalized too much if you dont get a high enough rank. Theres also a story mode where you have to play at different arenas & in this mode theres a set requirement for you to pass, on the gauge theres a line that you have to pass to continue to the next song the gauge fills up as you do the moves correctly, like we cheer the moves are very dependant on you moving in the right direction & speed, at first you will miss loads but as you play you will start to learn the routines & get more hits.

Theres 3 difficulty modes for the songs with each level of difficulty you will get more moves put into the song, in easy you only do a few of the routine moves in normal it adds mode of the routine, i havent unlocked hard mode yet but im guessing in hard mode you have to copy every bit of the routine on screen. Theres 2 more modes that are not unlocked yet so i dont know what they do.

As you play through songs, you will be given clothing & extra songs to unlock. The clothing is used to pimp out your idol & is nothing but a cosmetic touch, in story mode you win money instead & have to buy the items from the shop. I still have 5 songs that are not unlocked yet & im not sure how to do it but im guessing completing story mode might be the way.

Well thats pretty much it, a fun & quirky music game thats a lot of fun to play & another great one to get out at games parties LOL i pity the people who ever dare to come to one of my games meets.

Is the Honey Flash the Koda Kumi version or an older one?

How accurate is the wiimote? nothing worse than losing when you weren't at fault.

Comment

Not sure which version of cutie honey it is as i haven't heard both versions. As for the wii remote its pretty accurate however i still have difficulty on certain moves like the butterfly move on the precure 5 song.

Comment

Would love to get this, but too much going on right now for another game. Does it have the same longevity and varied missions as ouendan?

Comment

Well i unlocked hard mode but mere moments ago, lol they weren't kidding it turns all the move marks off so you have to have had the entire routine commited to memory as theres no cues on screen to help you. Theres still mirror mode to unlock & 2 other modes in the main menu that i have no idea what they do.

I discovered that the extra clothes you can buy from the shop in story mode do actually serve a purpose, on each song in story mode the crowd will want you to dress a certain way so having the right clothes on will give your gauge quite a boost which helps clearing some of the songs a lot easier as otherwise you need to do a near perfect routine to get enough points to scrape through the later levels.

Theres quite a bit of lastability as everything has a ranking system so you can either get bronze silver or gold medals in main mode or trophys in story mode, if you do well enough you get gifts from your fans. It's not really like the missions in ouendan, in story mode theres cutscene in between levels which play out the story of your character as she rises through the ranks of idoldom.
          Last edited by importaku; 02-11-2008, 00:29.

Comment

I got this last week. Great fun. Much better than Wii Music, which I got at the same time.

I'm rubbish at this.

Comment

Finally discovered that the last couple of songs you unlock are unlocked in story mode, im on the last stage now but it's pretty hard going as you have to get the correct costume to stand any chance of completing them as the point requirement to pass is pretty high.

Still if you get golds on each song you get given a piece of clothing you cant buy from the shop, some of these are needed to complete your outfit so it helps if you go back & try to gold them all.

Still can't do any routine apart from Anpanman march in hard mode lol

Comment

Great write up, thanks for that Definitely going to be getting this at some point, looks like a right laugh!

Comment

Finally theres a few more vids on youtube, heres another of my faves.

One interesting thing is if you play as the guy or as the girl the routine slightly changes so you dont look all girly but you still look silly regardless, but thats half the fun.

Comment

Bit of bumpage, the idol nut in me wants this. I was gutted that Idolm@ster only came out on the Japanese 360 (no region free PS3 release), this might fill the void.

I've watched a few vids on YouTube and most of the songs seem to be cover versions, which is what you'd expect.... but the cover of Love Machine is lacking to say the least. I'm curious about if the Koharu Kusumi songs (Kirarin Revolution) songs are the proper ones.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                      Is the Honey Flash the Koda Kumi version or an older one?
                      I was wondering the same thing. The only vid on YT I can find with it is this one:

It sounds like the Koda Kumi one to me, which is the one I like (and now know completely from memory thanks to me and my mate hyping it up for the last karaoke session).

Does anyone know if the above songlist is the complete list including the unlockable songs?

Comment

You sure it's not a cover? Certainly the Morning Musume song isn't the original.

Comment

What I meant was it's (a cover of) the Koda Kumi version of that song

Reason being there's the old anime version and the new live action movie version. I prefer the movie version

Comment

People on here reckon it's the Koda Kumi version, though I dunno.

There's been some moaning about the line-up, but as far as cheesy JPop goes, there's plenty of big names in there. Mind you, I'm a pretty big Musume fan, and I'm really not too keen on LOVE Machine. It's one of their least 'idoly' songs, I'd of liked to see some of their (imo more suitable) later stuff... but seeing as LOVE Machine sold 2 million copies, it does make sense.

Comment

Just got this today Had strange looks from the parents as it was given to me, and stranger looks when I started playing it!

It's great fun though, and not amazingly hard to get into. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect, and plays like you'd expect. It's really fun to play, great inbetween Fallout 3 sessions!

The track selection ain't too bad, anyone who knows their JPop will be familiar with much of it, and there's at least 3 Hello! Project songs (Love Machine, Chance and Happy), I would have liked to see some ℃-ute or Berryz Koubou (this is assuming AKB48 would be turned down). Mind you, you don't have to be familiar with the songs here to enjoy it, as it's all a laugh.

Does anyone know if Namco are intending to release additional songs as DLC?
                              Last edited by sj33; 25-12-2008, 16:04.

Comment

Working...
                              X