Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me then?

Comment

Mine still hasn't arrived like a few other peoples here. Was really looking forward to it aswell.

You recommend playing with that 2nd ship first for a better experience then? Or does it need to be unlocked?

Comment

You need to complete it first to unlock. I'd recommend racking through it with continues to unlock rather than trying to learn the levels with the first ship. Then go back to the first ship later if you can be arsed, once you've learnt the levels.

Comment

Haven't read through the whole thread but is there a U.S release date for this yet?
          ta
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Not that I've heard.

Comment

I got mine from the postal sorting office today. If anyone hasn't got their pre-ordered copy yet they should check there.

I've only played it for a bit so far it plays wells and looks and sounds good but I don't like the music.

Are there any gun powerups for either ship and how does the free range weapon work?

Comment

No, just shield and 1ups lying around. For rynexR, if you lose guns, you can get them back again when they appear on screen for collection.

Free range aims in the opposite direction to your travel and then locks in position when you hold fire button. Apart from its overweapon which can't be locked.

Comment

There's a 3rd ship.... play through with RynexR on hard mode. I can't quite do this yet
                  And apparantly playing through with all 3 ships unlocks Time Attack mode
                  And clear Time Attack mode to unlock Neo Style, which is same game, but to augment whatever difficulty you choose, it "powers up" enemy bullets and also your overweapons do not destroy bullets....

Sigh. I much prefer the Shikigami II style, where it just gives you all the characters at the start.

Comment

Oh and you can only record your score if you restrict yourself to one credit. Cool.

Comment

Well i finally got mine and have been putting a little time into it, when i'm not playing Left 4 Dead. So far i like it, its not ground breaking in any shape or form but i didn't expect that. It feels fast and i like the way it looks, it really feels like a Thunderforce game, which it should. I'm only playing with 1 credit at a time as i heard it was a bit easy, and playing like this it seems about as hard as Thunderforce 3 i guess, ie quite easy, but on the higher difficulties it seems quite a bit harder. I'm looking forward to playing it again tonight, well as long as i'm not playing SSF2 HD all night.

Comment

Finally got to play this last night. Quite enjoyed it although the bullets aren't clear enuff, a good few times I hit things as I didn't even notice them.
                        Love the engrish that pops on screen every so often. Boss warning is wonderful. Anyone know what language they speak in it?

Comment

i quite like it..doenst have the impact that V had. I relly dont understand why you dont start with the 1st ship you unlock, which is essential thunderforce. The default ship makes things way too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Thank goodness it's not just me
                            I was dreading some severe backlash from shmuppets(Tm)
                            Now at least I know I'm not going mad and picky in my old age
                            Hmmm.
                            I finally got this today. Personally I think it rocks. It's like R-Type Final, but faster, less bloated and (as much as I hate to say), well just betterer.
                            Hori's are pretty basic as you cannae really have bullet hell, but it does everything it says on the tin IMO. Apart from the new-style case it comes in (which I've swapped out for an old-style one) I think it's well worth the ?26 it cost me. It'll certainly take me away from Ibara for a while anyway.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                            X