Capcom vs SNK 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just been using one myself.

Decent microswitched stick, and not bad buttons. Perhaps a bit close together, but still better than using a pad , and at least you can have six in a reasonable approximation of an SF arcade machine.

Not too pricy either, so if you can't afford a Hori stick and Magic Box or whatever, it might be worth trying.

I'll try it with Capcom VS SNK 2 tonigth and let you know

Comment

Yes only used my magic box with a saturn pad but it works like a dream!

Comment

How are you guys going on for getting the headset working as well?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
          How are you guys going on for getting the headset working as well?
          not sure, but I think the magic box has a slot for headsets and memory units.

Comment

Yes there is a slot on the magic box for memory cards. However this part is extremely poorly manufactured and on mine neither a memory card or headset will actually fit in the slot. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Comment

Just bought a Gamester stick (19.99 from GAME Wolverhampton) so will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Just had an update to Capcom vs SNK 2 tonight.

Does anyone know what the update is / does?

Anyone know if its the much wanted update to let you win the match when you get dropped?

Comment

The update (as far as I know) addresses the problem with the audio dropping out in the following round, if you finished the previous round with a Super Combo.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I just wish they'd get their arse's into gear and release the update that everyone (apart from the droppers) wants.

Comment

Originally posted by vic_viper
                      Thanks for the info.

I just wish they'd get their arse's into gear and release the update that everyone (apart from the droppers) wants.
                      Personally I can live with the droppers (in a way it can be a real confidence booster) and hope Capcom update the main 'lobby' system somewhat. Unless someone is in your friends list it is impossible to see who is online at that point in time unless they have created a game. There could be thousands of people all looking for a game, but only 2 or 3 that have actually created one which seems a little daft. At least if a list of everyone who was online was given, you could ask people for matches straight out.

Comment

You're right, that could do with an update too. Infact they're a lot of updates that this game could do with.

Bug ridden piece of **** that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by vic_viper
                          You're right, that could do with an update too. Infact they're a lot of updates that this game could do with.

Bug ridden piece of **** that it is.
                          Yeah, the whole online aspect seems rather tacked on to be honest. Still a great game though

Comment

The one thing that annoys me the most about the game are timing issues.

What i mean by that is that when playing against the computer or someone sitting next to me i can 99% of the time do all the moves and string decent combos together. However when playing online, even in match with no appreciable lag my timing is all out ft:

I wish that Capcom had altered the timing in the 'main' game to match that of average online play. I imagine i'll get used to it eventually...obviously everyone who's kicking my arse online has...but its very annoying at the moment.

Comment

Just bought it this week, have been using a PSX Namco Stick through a Dragonbox controller convertor. Must say I'm impressed,95% of my matches have been lag free.

So far I've only encountered 1 or 2 droppers, feel free to add me to your friends list my Gamer Tag is NISA65 (I'm average at best which my win/loss ratio will indicate)

Comment

where do you get these convertors ? especially ones that allow you to play with a PS pad. I just remembered that I have a PS arcade stick buried in my cloest somewhere and I could use that stick instead of forking out for a new stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X