No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was way way WAY into the first level of Resi4 before I even realised there was a run botton.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      But man, the screen tearing is absolutly awful on the demo. I'm running it at 1080p through hdmi. Hopefully it will be fixed in time for release. Its the worst i've ever seen in a game. Really distracting.
      Try running it in 720p and see what happens, maybe it's the same problem as Dead Rising and Lost Planet? They had issues with tearing when running at anything higher than 720p. Worth a shot I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
        I was way way WAY into the first level of Resi4 before I even realised there was a run botton.
        Don't mean anything wrong, but had you never played a Resi before then? Controls have basically stayed the same since the original (fine by me!).

Comment

Hmm, having played it some more now, I'm dissapointed the controls were not improved. It seems more of a battle with controlling the game than playing. The female character is really annoying, always getting in the way. Also I couldnt find a way of walking forward while aiming a weapon, which felt kind of weird...maybe I missed something?

It looks good, apart from the screen tear, but i reckon that might be sorted by release hopefully.

Overall, its let down by its sluggish and awkward controls.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
            Also I couldnt find a way of walking forward while aiming a weapon, which felt kind of weird...maybe I missed something?
            Kinda. Sorry if this is partonising but Resi has always been that way, intentionally. It's love/hate. It's a big deal that the game supposedly has strafe, that was stripped from RE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              Kinda. Sorry if this is partonising but Resi has always been that way, intentionally. It's love/hate. It's a big deal that the game supposedly has strafe, that was stripped from RE4.
              I don't hate it, I find it more of an annoyance than anything, a limitation. What I played was still good despite this.

Comment

Is this on the 360 PAL marketplace? I can't see it anywhere! grrrr

Comment

^Japanese 360 marketplace only. *hulk smashes*

Comment

I think Charlie's description of the controls feeling clumsy is the best way to describe it. It's been a long time since I played RE4 but with hordes of zombies/guanados/whatever Capcom are calling them these days I did find it difficult to fend them off.

Also, the tearing was absolutely awful.

However, once I had spent a bit more time with it it I did come to enjoy the game for what it was which is basically RE4.1. Also, all my RE4 fears came back to me in a rush when the

chainsaw guy

appeared. Hated those.

Comment

I never found a problem with Resi 4s control scheme because it was so well mapped to the GC controller. Seriously, it was like as if Nintendo created that controller especially for Resi 4.

Anyway, I'm playing this more and finding myself to enjoy it more and more. I still have my complaints about the control scheme, but I'm getting back into it. The music still sucks, but yeah I'm starting to get into this.
                      Last edited by El Leone; 05-12-2008, 19:09.

Comment

Did everyone miss my post? You don't have to hold A to run. Just hold the stick in. RE5 in updated control scheme shocker!

Comment

I just chose to ignore it . Nah, its good to have another alternative but I don't like having to keep the thumbstick pressed in. Feels awkard on my thumb afterawhile. I just want to establish that although having to press a/thumbstick in does suck, its not that big of a problem. Just growing pains cause I was trying to remember the control scheme. It still sucks though.

Comment

I don't think it's awkward because at least for me, I'm only running in between fights - getting from point A to B.

Comment

You guys are definitely right about the amount of tearing. I don't recall there being this much tearing in the demo I played at the Eurogamer Expo (there was a little in the cutscenes only), I did play the PS3 version though.
                              Last edited by ezee ryder; 05-12-2008, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                Don't mean anything wrong, but had you never played a Resi before then? Controls have basically stayed the same since the original (fine by me!).
                                I played probably a few hours of the first (PS1) then realised it wasn't for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X