No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eurogamer hands on of the first three chapters is slightly worrying, apparently the AI for Sheva is a bit of a pain!

Comment

That's a worry. Then again, AI buddies are always dumbasses. RE5 is game to be played with a mate. I imagine it'll be all the more tense and funny - screaming down the mic at each other as the horde close in.

Comment

It's a worry for me as it's a game i want to play on my own shut away from the world!

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
          It's a worry for me as it's a game i want to play on my own shut away from the world!
          Same for me mate. Resident Evil has always been a game to play on your own and to absorb the atmosphere, playing it with a mate would destroy it for me. Its not like its Left 4 Dead.

Comment

Played both the PS3 and 360 versions to death now and like some, my problem is not with the controls but the fact that it has almost no RE atmosphere at all.

The sandy, sun-drenched setting has done nothing for me and it just feels wrong. I have yet to feel any of the tension that was available in spades in RE4. Some of this is down to the shoe-horned in co-op partner no doubt.

Here's hoping the demo has just not given a fair representation of the final game.

Comment

Yeah me too

Comment

I think I've played this demo over 100 times (online) since it's been up on live. I can't get enough of it, even when I had a diastrous co-op session, with a little brat that sounded like Elmo on speed (wouldn't give me the rifle ammo that he couldn't even use). I decided to throw all my grenades at him until he bled out.

Btw, did anyone else notice the hidden blue discs scattered around the levels (they make a jingle when you shoot them)? Does anyone know what those are for?

Comment

Might be similar to the blue plates you had to hit in resi 4 that gave you the special gun free from the merchant?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                    Might be similar to the blue plates you had to hit in resi 4 that gave you the special gun free from the merchant?
                    Ah. I forgot about that!

Comment

hmmmmm never noticed them i can't have being paying enough attention!

Comment

hmmmmm never noticed them i can't have being paying enough attention!
                        There is one in shanty town, when you give Sheva the second boost across to the other building. While you're standing at that ledge, (before you give Sheva the boost) turn around and look up.

Comment

Working...
                        X