Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - 360

Got a free copy thrown at me last week so I thought I'd stick it on while SFII HD Remix was Downloading and was greeted by KING JULIAN the self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, who was voiced by Sacha Baron Cohen in the movie. I'm not sure if he has voiced the videogame version of his character, but either way he is pretty damn funny in this as he takes you from one ridiculously easy mini game to the next. You take control of one of the film's main characters and are told, by Julian, which buttons you will need to press to get the Zebra to kick suitcases into a planes loading bay or make the Hippo 'bum bounce' suitcases shut. I'd say the difficulty is pitched at around 6-8 year olds (at least the first couple of levels suggest this) and is very soothing hangover gaming for adults (well, this hungover adult anyway)...did I mention it has KING JULIAN in it??

Comment

Whats up Scrooge McDuck?

Comment

Can I borrow it after you? I'm just tutting at the filthy whore you have become.

Comment

Jesus, you download one Doritos game...

Comment

What's the music like?

Comment

Next up Avatar Spags?

Comment

Oooh the achievements on Avatar look mighty tempting!

The music is OK, not annoying and there is a catchy little tune that plays when you finish a task - so you hear that a lot.

Anyways, had some more fun with this last night, the story moved away from KING JULIAN (tho he pops up now and then) to a section involving the mafia penguins!!! These guys are proper lol too and using the flipper slap attack and the slide head butt was most enjoyable. I got the feeling this was the Wii part of the game as there's a fishing section and some targeting that looked perfect for the Wiimote. Finished off with some nice platforming as the lion character double jumping around and sliding along ziplines while roaring at Vultures! Tidy little game this with an incredibly varied amount of mini games.

Comment

Working...
                X