No announcement yet.

"Let's start over"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats what i've just done too, put some of my new games away and slowly going through them one by one and actually complete them rather than just getting part way through and then letting them collect dust.
    Gonna be a bit annoying having to start from the start again.

Comment

Well I did the worst thing I'v done for a long time last week took back Rogue Leader without finishing it and Pikmin to get PDO but seeing as RL never really grabbed me I wont miss it at all, same thing for Pikmin really played to about day 12 but it never really got those hooks in, at the moment though unfinished sits

JSRF son deleted my game after 7hrs play (never get rid of this though) 8)

HALO son deleted my game on penultimate level (same as JSRF)

LOTR TTT finished with Aragorn only

PGR gets real hard

ED penultimate chapter

Resident evil Halfway with Jill

SMS 71 shines

Splinter Cell Penultimate Level

Starfox Halfway through

Resident Evil halfway through Jill

There are more although I have finished MP and MF recently and wont get rid of Animal crossing cos I cant stop playing it

Comment

The problem for me (and I suspect many of you) is that I don't have time to complete one game before another one I want comes out. I could just not buy it until I'm ready, of course, but there's always the fear that it won't be available later and as JibberX says, the collector mentality comes into it too.

I have a full time job and a growing family. I also have several consoles, a large game collection and very limited time to actually play them. This year so far I've completed (well "reached the end of" as opposed to "achieved 100% of what's achievable") just two games - Metal Gear Solid and Metroid Fusion - neither of which are "epics" by any stretch.

As problems go, it's a nice one to have (I'm never affected by "release droughts" for example), but it's a problem nevertheless.

Comment

I don't have so much patience with games now - I don't have much time to play them, so when I get stuck, I just move on to the next one instead of persevering.

I might use gamefaqs.com a bit more to guide me through some of the tougher bits otherwise I'll never manage it through them all.

Comment

This is why I've given up on long games ~ I never finish them. The upper limit of time I will spend on a narrative-based game is about 10 hours on first run-through (like Resident Evil). Anything over that, and I won't play it.

I stick mostly to arcade-style games these days. Metroid Prime was an exception for me, and a very happy one at that. My idea of a perfect modern game (in terms of time needed to complete it, and that 'pick-up-whenever' factor) is Panzer Dragoon Orta. That game can either be played in small or large chunks of time.

I may well have a purge of my saves as well, but they're like relics and archives to me now: I note with sadness that I'll never, ever play FF7 through again (unless I have it when I retire, possibly) simply because I can't commit that length of time to a game these days, so I am loathe to wipe that part of my gaming history.

I might try a cull of other stuff though, just to re-invigorate my gaming life a bit.

Comment

The more I think about it the more tempted I am to have a similar cull. It was surprisingly liberating a few months ago to throw out a load of old magazines and other assorted rubbish from my "office" to turn it back into a bedroom. Perhaps this will have a similarly invigorating effect.

Comment

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I've had games building up for the last year which I've only scratched the surface of. I'm currently unlocking everything in Rez and have just finished ICO, next on my list is Resident Evil 0 and Project Zero.

Comment

I came a cropper this morning. I finally completed Metroid Fusion and without thinking, I promptly deleted the completed save thwarting me from obtaining the Fusion Suit for when I go through Prime.

ft:

Comment

Although it may sound strange, I like that 'new game smell'. I love to buy and play a new game, even if it means giving up on an old one. I like the feeling of getting a new game more than finishing an older title.

At the moment I have games like Metroid Prime, Zelda, Mario, Biohazard, Panzer Dragoon and Splinter Cell all left a good few hours away from the end. I'll probably never finish these games.

I have started to do a game collection 'purge' though...but only to fund getting new stuff.

Comment

I'm currently doing this. Playing through a single game at a time until I'm satisfied I've seen and done enough.

For example, I've had hold of Orta for over a week now, but only started playing it on Friday after I'd completed the rest of the series individually in order without interruption.

I've still got Monkey Ball 2, Shenmue 2, Metroid Prime in their shrink wrapping... And I'm only going to open them once I'm satisfied I've seen and done enough in Orta.

If I lose motivation with a game, then it's usually a goner... So that's why I'm limiting myself. Games like Resident Evil Zero and Onimusha 2 have all been played to an extent, but then I get bored...

Maybe it's a sign of the quality around at the moment (and of my visits to the past), but I find only true AAA games right now can truly satsify and pin me to them.

Comment

As a kid with only ?40 a month of income, this isn't really a problem. I tend to buy a game, then complete it in the next month.

Having said that, My birthday's coming up, so I got PSO and BB early. Then Metroid Prime was released and I'm still a lv. 13 HUmar with no rares and not even online! And my Zelda pre-order should arrive on Monday and I gotta stop playing games by mid-April because of my GCSEs. And I haven't even completed Pikmin yet!

To think, I had January and February as complete barren gaming months and now I'm gonna struggle to complete 4 great games by mid-April. ft:

Comment

I played pretty much only Zelda until I got really near the end - but I got to the bit that's been shortened for the US release. It's just so goddamn long on the Jap version that I can't be bothered to do it.

I'm too cheap to buy the US version of Zelda, though.

Right now I'm trying to just concentrate on Shenmue II. Considering how dull I found the first one, I'm pleasantly surprised with every extra bit I play.

Please lord, let the Shenmue III rumours be true...

--Ed

Comment

The last game I' nearly finished was Freelancer (i'm on the last mission) - but have not returned to it.
                            I've started No one lives forever 2 and Tenchu 3 (which is nice, when i can get on my telly!).
                            Its true though. People moan about a lack of quality software without really finishing what they've already got!.

Comment

Im gunna do the same i think because its anoying me how when a AAA kinda title comes out i have to get it on release and if im short for cash (which i always am)i end up selling games i havent completed yet or still play on and like.
                              I havent completed metroid prime yet(i only got it a few weeks ago)but ive already given up bassicaly and now im just waiting on zelda.
                              But from zelda onwards im going to do one game at a time and then get another when im completely done.Even if its a big title that im really looking forword too has just come out im going to leave it till ive finished the game im playing.

Comment

Same happens with me. - I can't concentrate on one particular title as I have so many other games to play.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to limit myself now, maybe to about one or two titles. And once I've completed one, fully, I'll go on to the next and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X