• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
    That's alright, it was a vague attempt to emulate the Monty Python sketch

That is such a quality sketch!

Comment

That caps lock picture is great.

Although you know what's worse than people who use caps lock for arguments? The people who use it because it's 'their thing', like the people who go on to message boards and type all their posts in a particular colour, or maybe every colour. Or don't use full stops.

Usually people new to the internets, bless 'em, and it always ends the same way - mods telling them to stop the goddam annoying habits or get off the feckin' internet.

Comment

Worst ones in the world for me are those that take your post and quote individiual parts at a time (not as a block) and then say no your wrong etc.. not in my opinion but no your wrong lol and then quote the next bit. Their usually the types what are the next to respond on the same page so looks abit daft. Must take em ages to do and to manipulate it to cut the exact snipped to make em look good

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Worst ones in the world for me are those that take your post and quote individiual parts at a time (not as a block) and then say no your wrong etc..
          Nah...

not in my opinion but no your wrong lol and then quote the next bit.
          ...it's easy...

Their usually the types what are the next to respond on the same page so looks abit daft.
          ...when you get...

Must take em ages to do and to manipulate it to cut the exact snipped to make em look good
          ...used to it.

Comment

Forum members arguing amongst themselves is boring, forum members arguing with mods on the other hand...WIN!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
              Some do take it way too seriously

Its all a waste of pixels in the end

That's such a sad story. The guy was only 20, no life whatsoever. Makes you think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                Anyone else find that they frankly, just can't be bothered with internet arguments in the same way they used to be?

It used to be I'd endlessly argue a point in a thread until I really started getting worked up about it. Now? I just don't want to deal with the hassle, I'll make my points on a subject, maybe reply a few times to deal with responses then, unless a thread goes in a different direction, leave it at that. If it's a subject matter that stirs a heated debate, I'll even stop myself going back to it once I've gotten my point of view across.

It's even becoming the case where I start typing a rant or response and look at it and think 'nah, I don't want to go down this road'. I know I give and take a lot of flak on the football threads, but that's to do with the fun of banter rather than emotive political debate.

People don't change their opinions easily and they won't do it through a single conversation 99.9% of the time so there's little point on getting multiple people worked up about something which may be pretty petty.

Other people's views? Do you get more worked up than you should on forums and chat rooms?
                Its called maturity

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                  Forum members arguing amongst themselves is boring, forum members arguing with mods on the other hand...WIN!!!1
                  Tis soooo last year.....

Internets. Much life real life. Is mostly made up of idiots. There's no escape on the internet though.

Comment

And since there's feck all arguing going on in this thread, it's clearly off topic.

I've lived here 3 years and never tried to order pizza delivery. My friends a couple of minutes away get Dominos all the time so I just tried. Sorry we don't deliver to your postcode.

WTF.....

Now I'm going to have to eat something healthy. And I'm surrounded by no beer as well. This friday night is turning to poo already.

Comment

Ahem, stay on topic please.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        And since there's feck all arguing going on in this thread, it's clearly off topic.

I've lived here 3 years and never tried to order pizza delivery. My friends a couple of minutes away get Dominos all the time so I just tried. Sorry we don't deliver to your postcode.

WTF.....

Now I'm going to have to eat something healthy. And I'm surrounded by no beer as well. This friday night is turning to poo already.
                        not delivering to your postcode when it's in range = your street has been blacklisted. Threatened drivers, non-payers or an otherwise dangerous road. They blacklist the postcode so they don't have to say to individual people "you're banned"

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                          Ahem, stay on topic please.
                          Heh, made me laugh.

I'm always fairly chilled out but during the PS2, GameCube and Xbox days, I always had more love towards the GameCube more than the - what I used to call it - the 'FPS machine' (Xbox).

I actually got a bit angry and upset when people slagged the GameCube off to a large degree (it hasn't got any games, it is a kids machine, Zelda looks like a kindergarten game and so forth).

It's sad really but I am no longer that person; just enjoy whatever console(s) you own I say!

Comment

Doesn't anyone get the point? It doesn't matter for squat that the notion that "tolerance" means tolerance of all, not only of a select few, is pervasive. What's far more relevant is that Abigsmurf wants nothing other than absolute ideological and moral lockdown. Without going into all the gory details, let's just say that Abigsmurf seems to assume that the world is crying out to labor beneath his firm but benevolent heel. This is an assumption of the worst kind because we must guide the world into an age of peace, justice, and solidarity. If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that I wonder if Abigsmurf really believes the things he says. He knows they're not true, doesn't he? A complete answer to that question would take more space than I can afford, so I'll have to give you a simplified answer. For starters, Abigsmurf wants to resort to underhanded tactics. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

I find it necessary, if I am to meet my reader on something like a common ground of understanding, to point out that Abigsmurf doesn't want to acknowledge that he uses a litany of euphemisms, buzz words, and doublespeak to help him promote the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group. In fact, Abigsmurf would rather block all discussion on the subject. I suppose that's because if natural selection indeed works by removing the weakest and most genetically unfit members of a species then he is clearly going to be the first to go. In a sense, you might say, "It is crystal-clear that it is literally the case that this is a stark reality that no impartial analyst can choose to ignore." Fine, I agree. But by reveling in grammatically incorrect English, Abigsmurf slaughters our idiom and impoverishes our dialogue. Disguised in this drollery is an important message: I think that Abigsmurf bites the hand that feeds him. You probably think that too. But Abigsmurf does not think that. Abigsmurf thinks that censorship could benefit us.

Everywhere he's gone, Abigsmurf has tried to block streets and traffic to the extent that ambulances can't get through. It can happen here, too. We must really cast a gimlet eye on his reports. Does that sound extremist? Is it too narrow-minded for you? I'm sorry if it seems that way but that's life.

To add another dimension to this argument, let me mention that I know more about favoritism than most people. You might even say that I'm an expert on the subject. I can therefore state with confidence that when I was a child, my clergyman told me, "Abigsmurf has a driving need to represent Heaven as Hell and, conversely, the most wretched life as paradise." If you think about it you'll see his point. Since most people oppose his callow projects, Abigsmurf has had to destroy our culture, our institutions, and our way of life using every postmodernist means imaginable. Maybe it's not fair to call his cat's-paws "spleeny" just because they crush the remaining vestiges of democracy throughout the world but remember that he focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, Abigsmurf attempts to twist and distort facts to justify his feelings but that just goes to show that if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to look at our situation realistically and from a viewpoint that takes in the whole picture.

Abigsmurf's zealots don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat repulsive. Is there, or is there not, a lamebrained plot to submerge us in a sea of nepotism, organized through the years by deluded slanderers? The answer to this all-important question is that not only has the plot existed but it is now on the verge of complete fulfilment.

Take a good, close look at yourself, Abigsmurf. What you'll probably find is that you're vexatious. I want to keep our courage up. That may seem simple enough, but his intent is to prevent us from asking questions. Abigsmurf doesn't want the details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of his "facts" are false.

Should we worry that Abigsmurf wants to prevent the real problems from being solved? In a word, yes. And that's not just because each day, I see the world becoming more insensitive as a determined Abigsmurf carries out his jackbooted plans, but also because he alleges that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. Naturally, this is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. His roorbacks are priggism reincarnate. And that's where we are right now.

Finding the best way to call a spade a spade is a challenging problem indeed. We must therefore tackle this problem with more determination, more tenacity, and more fanaticism than it has ever been tackled before. Only then will people realize that even Abigsmurf must concede that he is a standard-bearer for the unbearable. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that the ebullitions that Abigsmurf's slaves are so proud of are woefully unholy? Gangsterism represents a negligent, spiteful form of divide-and-conquer. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to him.

Abigsmurf's allies are too lazy to work together towards a shared vision. They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that whatever your age, you now have only one choice. That choice is between a democratic, peace-loving regime that, you hope, may renew those institutions of civil society?like families, schools, churches, and civic groups?that oppose evil wherever it rears its lecherous, coldhearted head and, as the alternative, the sneaky and rancorous dirigisme currently being forced upon us by Abigsmurf. Choose carefully because if Abigsmurf wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "ultrastandardization", for example, and expect us to be scared.

Abigsmurf's undertakings leave me with several unanswered questions: How long shall there continue jejune lie-virtuosi to vend and uncouth present-day robber barons to gulp so low a piece of blackguardism as his remarks? And why do we put up with him? These are difficult questions to answer because I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Abigsmurf's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he makes a lot of exaggerated claims. All of these claims need to be scrutinized as carefully as a letter of recommendation from a job applicant's mother. Consider, for example, Abigsmurf's claim that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. The fact of the matter is that he has been known to say that he could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. That notion is so abysmal, I hardly know where to begin refuting it. Comments on the above are welcome, but please think them out first.

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                              Doesn't anyone get the point? It doesn't matter for squat that the notion that "tolerance" means tolerance of all, not only of a select few, is pervasive. What's far more relevant is that Abigsmurf wants nothing other than absolute ideological and moral lockdown. Without going into all the gory details, let's just say that Abigsmurf seems to assume that the world is crying out to labor beneath his firm but benevolent heel. This is an assumption of the worst kind because we must guide the world into an age of peace, justice, and solidarity. If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that I wonder if Abigsmurf really believes the things he says. He knows they're not true, doesn't he? A complete answer to that question would take more space than I can afford, so I'll have to give you a simplified answer. For starters, Abigsmurf wants to resort to underhanded tactics. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

I find it necessary, if I am to meet my reader on something like a common ground of understanding, to point out that Abigsmurf doesn't want to acknowledge that he uses a litany of euphemisms, buzz words, and doublespeak to help him promote the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group. In fact, Abigsmurf would rather block all discussion on the subject. I suppose that's because if natural selection indeed works by removing the weakest and most genetically unfit members of a species then he is clearly going to be the first to go. In a sense, you might say, "It is crystal-clear that it is literally the case that this is a stark reality that no impartial analyst can choose to ignore." Fine, I agree. But by reveling in grammatically incorrect English, Abigsmurf slaughters our idiom and impoverishes our dialogue. Disguised in this drollery is an important message: I think that Abigsmurf bites the hand that feeds him. You probably think that too. But Abigsmurf does not think that. Abigsmurf thinks that censorship could benefit us.

Everywhere he's gone, Abigsmurf has tried to block streets and traffic to the extent that ambulances can't get through. It can happen here, too. We must really cast a gimlet eye on his reports. Does that sound extremist? Is it too narrow-minded for you? I'm sorry if it seems that way but that's life.

To add another dimension to this argument, let me mention that I know more about favoritism than most people. You might even say that I'm an expert on the subject. I can therefore state with confidence that when I was a child, my clergyman told me, "Abigsmurf has a driving need to represent Heaven as Hell and, conversely, the most wretched life as paradise." If you think about it you'll see his point. Since most people oppose his callow projects, Abigsmurf has had to destroy our culture, our institutions, and our way of life using every postmodernist means imaginable. Maybe it's not fair to call his cat's-paws "spleeny" just because they crush the remaining vestiges of democracy throughout the world but remember that he focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, Abigsmurf attempts to twist and distort facts to justify his feelings but that just goes to show that if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to look at our situation realistically and from a viewpoint that takes in the whole picture.

Abigsmurf's zealots don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat repulsive. Is there, or is there not, a lamebrained plot to submerge us in a sea of nepotism, organized through the years by deluded slanderers? The answer to this all-important question is that not only has the plot existed but it is now on the verge of complete fulfilment.

Take a good, close look at yourself, Abigsmurf. What you'll probably find is that you're vexatious. I want to keep our courage up. That may seem simple enough, but his intent is to prevent us from asking questions. Abigsmurf doesn't want the details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of his "facts" are false.

Should we worry that Abigsmurf wants to prevent the real problems from being solved? In a word, yes. And that's not just because each day, I see the world becoming more insensitive as a determined Abigsmurf carries out his jackbooted plans, but also because he alleges that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. Naturally, this is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. His roorbacks are priggism reincarnate. And that's where we are right now.

Finding the best way to call a spade a spade is a challenging problem indeed. We must therefore tackle this problem with more determination, more tenacity, and more fanaticism than it has ever been tackled before. Only then will people realize that even Abigsmurf must concede that he is a standard-bearer for the unbearable. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that the ebullitions that Abigsmurf's slaves are so proud of are woefully unholy? Gangsterism represents a negligent, spiteful form of divide-and-conquer. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to him.

Abigsmurf's allies are too lazy to work together towards a shared vision. They just want to sit back, fasten their mouths on the public teats, and casually forget that whatever your age, you now have only one choice. That choice is between a democratic, peace-loving regime that, you hope, may renew those institutions of civil society—like families, schools, churches, and civic groups—that oppose evil wherever it rears its lecherous, coldhearted head and, as the alternative, the sneaky and rancorous dirigisme currently being forced upon us by Abigsmurf. Choose carefully because if Abigsmurf wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "ultrastandardization", for example, and expect us to be scared.

Abigsmurf's undertakings leave me with several unanswered questions: How long shall there continue jejune lie-virtuosi to vend and uncouth present-day robber barons to gulp so low a piece of blackguardism as his remarks? And why do we put up with him? These are difficult questions to answer because I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Abigsmurf's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he makes a lot of exaggerated claims. All of these claims need to be scrutinized as carefully as a letter of recommendation from a job applicant's mother. Consider, for example, Abigsmurf's claim that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. The fact of the matter is that he has been known to say that he could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. That notion is so abysmal, I hardly know where to begin refuting it. Comments on the above are welcome, but please think them out first.

What I love is when people quote the post above even if it's huge.

It's even better with pictures.

Oh, and I believe the appropriate internet response here is along the lines of - tl;dr

Or something.

Comment

I'm just so angry right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X