Resident Evil 2 [Feb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
    Played through the 1st disc of this a few months ago on dreamcast. For some awful reason my dreamcast doesn't read the second disc properly.

I'll play on gamecube this time round to avoid devastation. Can I force the GC PAL version to 60hz with a freeloader on a PAL console?
    Take a gander in the first page of this thread I`m pretty sure it does, I picked up the pal version which I`m playing on my NTSC GC and its fine and in color so I guess it must be 60hz - am I right in thinking if it was running at 50hz it would be in black and white?
    Playing as Claire in original mode.

sorry should of given credit to jake as he posted the info first.
    Last edited by huxley; 03-02-2009, 01:20.

Comment

If it's full screen, then it's in 60Hz, because it's boardered PAL50 otherwise. I remember using Freeloader to boot the PAL versions into 60Hz.

Comment

I was confused about whether that trick would work if playin on a PAL console. Wasn't sure if it was limited to NTSC consoles.

So...anyone got a pal freeloader?

Comment

I do, can easily borrow it if you want

Comment

Ah excellent! I'd only need it for this relay session. Pm'ing you. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
              I was confused about whether that trick would work if playin on a PAL console. Wasn't sure if it was limited to NTSC consoles.

So...anyone got a pal freeloader?
              It certainly does work on PAL consoles, cause that's all I had at the time =P

Comment

Originally posted by Duckula View Post
                I have RE1-3 on the PSN, what games do you have?
                Crash Bandicoot 1 + 2
                Wipout
                Wipout HD
                Kula World
                Crash Team Racing

Any of the above interest you ?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  2nd best Biohazard evar imo. Will D/L the PSP version to play through again.
                  is this available on the US PSN for PSP? Or do I need to play it on a PS3?

Comment

I think it's only on the Japanese PSN. How playable is it in Japanese? I seem to remeber reading that it's mostly English anyway. Is that right?

Comment

The voices are in English. The text is in Japanese, though you can work it out fine if you've familiar with Resi anyway. You can't read the notes however, which may be a problem if you've never played the game and need a password for a door or something. But generally it's easy enough.

Comment

Lol, its like tradiotion for me to ALWAYS play Biohazard in Japanese, jus for the authenticity!

Only ever play Biohazard Re:make in english, jus to see what i was missing. Not a lot really.......... So play it in Jap and be bamboozled at certain things. If its your first time playing a Resident Evil game - YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                          Lol, its like tradiotion for me to ALWAYS play Biohazard in Japanese, jus for the authenticity!

Only ever play Biohazard Re:make in english, jus to see what i was missing. Not a lot really.......... So play it in Jap and be bamboozled at certain things. If its your first time playing a Resident Evil game - YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!

RE:Remake probably had the least interesting storyline though. It doesn't have the great characters some of the other ones have either.

Part of the fun of the RE's are the characters and story and RE2 and RE:CV in particular are great in that regard.

I'd say RE:Remake was the scariest and by far the hardest in the series but RE:CV had the best atmosphere and story.

Comment

Havent read thro all this thread sorry, but anyway ive recently got re2 from japanese PSN store, giving it a try, when i was younger and it was first released i never got into it, think it was mainly due to disapointment that it was basically just RE1 but in a police station...not a mansion. Course im older and wiser now...i think, so im giving it a proper go

Comment

I'm prepared to withstand the backlash from this post but off all the traditional Resident Evil games (i.e. Resident Evil, Director's Cut, 2, 3: Nemesis, Code: Veronica and REmake) this is my least favourite.

I think it's a great game but after you made it through the streets of Raccoon City to the Police Station I found it far too easy with too much ammo negating a lot of the "survival" aspect of survival horror. I just found the fact that I could go through the game killing everything from the Police Station onwards, and ignore the Sub Machine Gun far too unsatisfying.

None of the monsters ever felt truly threatening either when compared to other incarnations. Lickers were a poor substitute for Hunters. I dreaded hearing the click click of them in the first game as I knew it meant losing more valuable ammo and Mr. X was a joke and shown up especially by Nemesis.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I played through many times but I've never heralded it as the series' peak that many others do.

Comment

I think because of the other scenarios I haven't played another resident evil through more than once as many times as this except maybe the first Directors cut for all the goodies. The 2nd scenarios were great.

Comment

Working...
                                X