An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    I'd rather go to IKEA. Cheaper and with more choice.
    Nitori do have some nice stuff though if you don't mind the higher price.
    I used to get stuff from Ikea when I lived near one, but now they’re too far from me and I find their sizes don’t match the standard measurements in Japanese flats(like closet space). Might be different if I was in a house, though.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      I used to get stuff from Ikea when I lived near one, but now they’re too far from me and I find their sizes don’t match the standard measurements in Japanese flats(like closet space). Might be different if I was in a house, though.
      I need to go to Fukuoka to visit IKEA. Its about 2 hours drive from where I live but it's cool because there's a massive hard off there too ��
      I can see IKEA stuff not fitting too well in Japanese apartments. It's fine for a house though. Our bed is from IKEA. Proper full size double bed frame and mattress. Getting the mattress upstairs Was a right bitch though. Weighs a tone and it's 7 foot long.
      The actual bed frame is iron and had to be built in the bed room.

Comment

Ordered replacement button for my HRAP 2 finally. Keeping with the vamillion buttons but going for dark hai for start and select like the HRAP 2 SA.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 26-07-2021, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Ordered replacement button for my HRAP 2 finally. Keeping with the vamillion buttons but going for dark hai for start and select like the HRAP 2 SA.
          Buttons arrived and swapped over. Feels much nicer to play on of course, the provided Hori buttons were horrible.

Last edited by speedlolita; 26-07-2021, 20:59.

Comment

Lovely.

Comment

Got my Punk Workshop hitbox from China after a long wait. I like it a lot. Has lower profile keyboard switches so it's not a fat ass and I like the all black design. Has all the bells and whistles on the inside so it works on everything, including native PS5. Not in the picture but on the underside I put a sheet of sticky back velvet so it feels good if I put it on my lap, and some clear furniture feet in the corners too, so it don't slide on a desk. Love it Now to wait for DNF!
              Last edited by Adam; 29-05-2022, 18:22.

Comment

gorgeous! I had being toying with the idea of getting a hitbox on the cheap to practice on. Luckily I have a friend who let me borrow on overnight. I found it tricky. Plinking left, down to up was fine (half circle forward - playing as Mika), but was struggling going from right to left due to ring finger not co-operating . I imagine with time, I would get it. Other difficulty was getting used to jump button. If I see a cheap option sometime, I may fork out. I'll keep my eye on AliExpress. That seems to be the place.

I'm currently stuck in the middle of swapping between stick and gamepad. I love the 8-button arcade button layout, but for certain characters I find the stick can be a little awkward. Specifically for double tap dashing. So I'm feeling a dpad more for playing as R.Mika, but then the button layout on PS controller is awkward I'm waiting for this guy to release his dpad infused stick (without a stick). It has room to grip it like pad from the left-hand side to use the dpad, but you can rest on your knees like a stick for buttons.

Comment

I've never seen those before! I can't do dpad though, maybe it's the size of my hands. I even play platformers with the analog sticks if I can Everyone's different eh?

Comment

Looks real nice! I've never spent any time with a hitbox but I remember playing a bunch of 6-button fighters on a keyboard many moons ago and being surprised at how quickly I got the hang of it. I feel like the FGC and the sites they lean on for hardware have had seen a huge migration over to them in the last couple of years though.

Comment

I had no idea what a hitbox even was when I saw this. I googled it and ended up some FGC subreddit and everyone on there was basically saying how they were way better than sticks. Which I had no clue about, I was under the impressions sticks were considered the gold standard (not that I know anything at all about fighters!).

Comment

Bah! Lever until I die!

I don't think I posted my most recent stick acquisitions in this thread.

Modern stick wise I picked up a Qanba Obsidian. Wanted one for ages, works very well between my PC, PS3, PS4 and MiSTer.

I also picked up a boxed HRAP ver B last year and popped sanwa buttons in just like with my HRAP 2.

Down to the Obsidian, the two HRAP and my old supergun stick now. Sold the rest.

Comment

Both very nice, and I'm with you on team lever! Might get a hitbox to tinker with some time, but I am an oldhead at heart and certainly not at the sort of level where I'm leaning on hitbox-exclusive combos

Comment

For a while the last year I was browsing the fightsticks subreddit quite frequently and yeah alternative directional inputs are super popular. I suppose levers might just become relics of the past at some point.

Comment

As someone who owns zero powertools but has the ability to solder is there and decent companies for getting them to print out the overlays/top panel cutting/box creation??

Always wanted to make a dedicated controller to play muse dash on switch but without powertools i'm limited with what i can make, the electronics side is fine it's the physical fabrication of the main unit i struggle with. Something like this but probably a lot smaller as i don't have the space for something that big.

Comment

Are hitboxes allowed at fighting game competitions these days?

I always disliked them due to their fundamental design, i.e. the ability to press opposed directions simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
                                X