Halo Wars Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    I'm currently a silver sub and I've got it downloaded.

You might not find it easily though, you need to look for the game in the marketplace list.
    Thanks daragon ill have to give this a go tonight.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-02-2009, 22:12.

Comment

This isnt available for silver accounts. Dam you microsoft, i just want the poxy demo

Comment

not hugely interested in this but seeing as it is ensembles swan song, it seemed worthy of a go.

Honestly i dont think ill ever come to grips with a console rts. The controlls did work well but it still just would have worked so much better with a keyboard and mouse.

still i found it enjoyable, if a bit shallow. i cant really judge from the demo but so far im not completely sold as Im one for sprawling base cities and massive armies, but maybe that will come in the full game. im also not happy with the lack of a grouping option for your units - it made it feel like the game was geared towards "select all units" and rush.

anyway, did seem a bit of fun so i will probably pick up out of respect for ensemble

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          This isnt available for silver accounts. Dam you microsoft, i just want the poxy demo
          Trust me mate, it's there - the most I've had of a gold sub since getting my new elite at Xmas was a 2 day free trial I used up over new year.

You won't find it in the recent releases list - you need to find the game through the 'all games' list

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Trust me mate, it's there - the most I've had of a gold sub since getting my new elite at Xmas was a 2 day free trial I used up over new year.

You won't find it in the recent releases list - you need to find the game through the 'all games' list

I found the demo fine it just says its locked to gold accounts and wouldn't let me download it.

Comment

They must have changed it recently then, I managed it fine.

Edit: I've responded to your free trial code wanted thread btw, might be worth checking out.
              Last edited by Daragon; 12-02-2009, 09:48.

Comment

It downloaded fine for me on my Silver account last night......

Comment

From Edge online: http://www.edge-online.com/news/halo-wars-hits%E2%80%AD-%E2%80%AC2m-downloads

Ensemble’s last venture gets encouraging start ahead of its February retail release.

The demo version of Ensemble’s final game,* ‬Halo Wars,* ‬has been downloaded over two million times.*

That figure was reached in the space of one week since the demo was released,* ‬marking it as one of the most popular Xbox* ‬360* ‬demos yet.*
                  Nice to see Ensemble's final game may sell incredibly well.
                  Last edited by Malc; 13-02-2009, 10:48.

Comment

How good is this ?! Even for an RTS Idiot like myself its great fun and easy to control. Looks pretty too (For an RTS anyway) and has some lovely cutscenes (I'd love to have seen cutscenes of that quality in Halo 3 if I'm honest). Coop play as well sounds great.

Comment

This is out now. Does anyone have it?

Comment

Yeah I've got it. Played the first two levels last night - felt too early for me to post a first play impression to be honest but the thing thats struck me most so far is how simple it is. Doesn't seem to be much to it - but then as I say I've only played two levels.

Comment

Ah right. Great for an rts hater like me then, I guess. I liked the console command and conquer, so along those lines would work for me.

Comment

Mission 4 (the 'evacuate the civilians' one) can kiss my arse.

Comment

Working...
                            X