Halo Wars Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Wars Demo

No love for this then with the killzone 2 demo being out?

Loved the demo tbh, felt really steamlined compared to most console RTS, you can tell it's been designed from the ground up and not shoehorned into a console experience.

The battles seem more tailored for a console audience too, fast and to the point, buildings don't take 2 minutes to build etc (at least not in the demo, just rises out of the floor).

I enjoyed the demo so much I've slapped a pre-order down for the LE

I very much enjoyed this demo, I just cant play rts's normally (I guess I'm too dense!) but this was really easy to get into and alot of fun to play. Of course, the fact that I'm a whore for all things halo probably helps!

Anyway this has gone from a maybe to a definate purchase for me, the only question is this or Killzone 2 first as I've only got enough money for one on release!

Comment

Really enjoyed the demo, definately feels console perfect. I'm sure many PC RTS fans will probably diss it cos of it's simplicity but it suits me

Comment

Reminded me of the first time i played command & conquer, will be adding this to my pre-order list. agree that it feels made for 360

Comment

From the impressions I'm now inclined to give it a go - usually I pass on games like this, not because I don't like them, but becuase I only get three or four levels in to games like C&C before it pummels my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            usually I pass on games like this, not because I don't like them, but becuase I only get three or four levels in to games like C&C before it pummels my arse.
            Same, I enjoyed this demo though. The whole thing seems really simplified but in a way that really appeals to me. I always lose track in RTS games of what I need to build and what order I need to build it in because there's far too much to keep track of. This is really nice.

I can imagine it getting a bit boring, though, but hopefully it'll work as a nice step into getting me more into the genre so I can get better at C+C3 which I've had for ages without getting into!

Comment

Seeing as I forgot to renew my Gold Account one question. Gold users only at the moment ?

Comment

Yep, Gold only

Comment

Ah well, Play better extract the finger then.

Comment

I gave this a go today and it works brilliant on console. However, i'm not a big fan of RTS's since Age of Empires 2, and Halo Wars isn't doing anything new for the genre, so i'm a bit bored of games like this.

Despite my own personal likes/dislikes, Ensemble have done a good job at making a console RTS work; and it's fun to play.

Comment

This demo just killed my poor 360, but I did get to the second mission and it does seem quite fun.

I'll wait for full impressions when its released to see how punishing it gets, but it does seem to be an RTS-lite which is just up my street.

Comment

Great game and fantastic cinematics. Looks like it could be what Warcraft 3 did for Blizzard in terms of presentation & story.

The only problem i have with it is the graphics look a bit poor in 1080p, it has a bit of a fuzzy look to it. The audio is steller though!

I'll pick it up after awhile, i can't make room for it with Killzone 2 & SFIV on the way. I don't have deep enough pockets to warrant its purchase as well.

Comment

I was having fun untill I played the skirmish mode. Was utterly destroyed by the A.I and reminds me how bad I am at RTS.

Comment

Played the demo last night and it was ok, not a day one purchase though. I will probably pick it up when it's about £20.

Comment

The thing finally downloaded for me (took ages) and I quite enjoyed it. I'm not a big RTS fan, but I like what they're trying to do with the genre with this. However, it doesn't seem particularly special tbh. I think I'm done with the Halo thing for now, so I was looking at this purely as the game that it is rather than another Halo game.

I think I'll go the same route as ezee though and will pick it up at some point, although not on day one.

Comment

Working...
                              X