Crayon Physics Deluxe (pc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crayon Physics Deluxe (pc)

this has been a WIP progress for years but reviews have started popping up of the full $20 release.

I really seem to get a lot of enjoyment recently out of these smaller indie and download games, their reduced price and length seems to really suit my gaming needs and allows the devs to perfectly form them

Idea here is pretty simple, you have to get a ball to a star on each single screen level, you draw simple shapes and then the realistic physics takes over and they interact. complexity is added with the ability to pin and pivot items.

the art and music style sit perfectly together (different to but perfectly like world of goo) and again this is a small team project that just exudes charm and polish

great little game with massive replay value as you try to solve levels in a more elegant way (something I did endlessly in the wonderful Fantastic Contraption)

well worth a look at the free demo on the link above.

Looks a lot like some flash games you can play:
    This drawing game features a physic engine which moves your sketchings naturally like the great game 'Crayon Physics'. Just get the ball to the exits.

Did they invent the game or just make it a complete downloadable package?

Bloomin' good game though when it recognises your shapes!
    I can practically hear the cogs turning as I play it.

Comment

not sure of who copied who, I know the guy behind this has been noodling around with it for ages and its been an 'indie darling' for a long time. he's been saying 'it'll be released when its finished' for quite some time.

i recall reading about the protype of this around the same the original tower of goo showed up.

Comment

I just downloaded the demo and gave it a go for five minutes and that has been enough to convince me to pay for the full version. I can see myself having sessions on this where I think "I've got a spare ten minutes, just a quick go," and end up still playing an hour later

Comment

I'm doing the islands in order and about 50 levels into this now, its getting slightly more difficult but nothing impossible.

This very much appeals to me as the satisfaction isn't necessarily in just doing a level but finding an elegant way to do it, which makes it very much like my fave web based flash physics game Fantastic Contraption

A quality game that is begging to be ported to the DS, I believe there is a Iphone version but can't see it working with fat finger prodding.

Comment

So what can the £15 odd PC version do that the £3 Ipod/Iphone version can't?

Comment

Tried the demo tonight and loved it. Bought the full game

Comment

Working...
              X