No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone able to let me know how much space I should be clearing for an install of the 360 one?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
      Will the DOA4 Arcade stick for 360 work? I am thinking of buying a converter for PS3. Is the stick any good and suited to this game? It seemed alright for DOA4 but i'm no expert so . . .
      Hey

I got an early copy off of ebay and the stick works fine

Comment

I played this all day on Ps3, have unlocked everyone but Seth and also played a handful of ranked matches which were all wins. You seem to get medals from playing online and achieving different things. For example, I managed to end a fight with Balrog's regular super move and got a medal for that.

I have to say, this is a brilliant fighter. Its easier to get into than SF3, so friendlier for most gamers. The Focus is easy to pull off, but its no gimmick. Basically, using Focus efficiently can either start a good combo (if you dashcancel after hit) or it can fill your Revenge without losing damage if you know what you're doing. The risk is in the fact that you will still lose the damage, but it will regain slowly. If you get hit during recover, you'll lose it all. And, its good for lots of mindgames since you can dashcancel out of a focus charge.

What also helps, is that the USB Saturn pad is absolutely magnificent with this game. Button mapping was kind of puzzling, but basically C and Z are L2 and R2 respectively.

Due to the ex-moves (and it seems you can EX every single special in this game), its combo system is still a way off from SF2. Some combo's in challenge mode are perfectly doable in multiplayer since you can start a lot of them if Focus hits. In terms of gameplay, and also timing (very forgiving in this game, which is good) this feels way different than 2HD imo. Its way more versatile. The AI seems to be kind of bogus however, there is something with the grapplers being much more deadly than the rest. On easy, I still got mauled by rigged piledrivers alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmical View Post
          Hey

I got an early copy off of ebay and the stick works fine
          I've just stuck my doa4 stick straight into the machine and it says unrecognised USB device

Comment

I've never played any SF games since the SNES days, so this is the first time I've run into Seth. He just defines cheap attacks! Even worse than the guy at the end of the most recent Tekken.

Does anyone know how I can play the Arcade version of this without constantly seeing the A New Challenger Has Entered The Ring message and being pulled into the lobby. The only thing that worked so far was quitting to the XMB and disabling the internet connection. Surely that's not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
              are you sure there is no lobby where you can get a few people in to fight with each other ?

I will be hugely dissapointed when there is no online lobby system in SFIV
              No lobby system as such I don`t think, opponents are displayed with their respective signals for how strong or weak it is, and you can choose who to play against. There is also an option for you to host and pick a certain type of player based on rank, time limit etc if I remember. I`m sure you can just wait for your friends to appear then accept their invite. I think they tried to recreate an Arcade feel hence no lobby.

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
              I've never played any SF games since the SNES days, so this is the first time I've run into Seth. He just defines cheap attacks! Even worse than the guy at the end of the most recent Tekken.

Does anyone know how I can play the Arcade version of this without constantly seeing the A New Challenger Has Entered The Ring message and being pulled into the lobby. The only thing that worked so far was quitting to the XMB and disabling the internet connection. Surely that's not necessary.
              You can turn off this by pressing R trigger I think it will be when on the screen with Arcade mode, network game etc this takes you to the screen where you can change badges etc for online mode and can choose the option that stops people online challenging you. Or it`s in the options/game setting if I remember, I`m 90% you can defintely turn this off.

On a side note, there is a making of documentary on the animation cd which I thought was amazing, explains the games motion capture and has interviews etc and about how they made the intro.
              Last edited by JU!; 15-02-2009, 12:31.

Comment

R1/R-trigger at main menu. There you can change the settings to player match, ranked match or Off. Off means that you won't be interrupted.

Comment

Has anyone else had trouble unlocking Guoku? I've just killed him twice with ultra combos (usiung rose and fei-ling) and he's still not unlocked.

I'm playing the ps3 version

Comment

Fuse: Install is 5.7 gig

Strider: To my knowledge you must have unlocked and finished the game with every character bar Seth before you unlock Gouken. After you have done this, you unlock him when you beat him. This is how I did it and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      Fuse: Install is 5.7 gig

Strider: To my knowledge you must have unlocked and finished the game with every character bar Seth before you unlock Gouken. After you have done this, you unlock him when you beat him. This is how I did it and it worked
                      yeah I have him now

Comment

5.7GB!

How long does that take?

Comment

It should be under 10 minutes for the 360.
                          The PS3 install is 2.1GB I think.

Comment

PS3 is 2.1GB, well thats better

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy View Post
                              5.7GB!

How long does that take?
                              This is only if you plan on running it from the HDD, it's not like a PS3 required install.

Really loving this...clocked 35 hours now and I've still barely scratched the surface.

For your online persona you have a title and an icon, so far I have 67% of titles and 12% of icons. You get titles and icons for doing things in the game; anything from finishing with an ultra finish to completing entire sections of challenge mode.

Some of the titles are really funny, things like "AKA Sheng Long" or "I hate projectiles"

Comment

Unlocking Gouken is a pain, there is a catch to it. You first need to have unlocked Akuma.

Then finish the game using Akuma.
                                Then finish the game using 3 ultra's and netting 2 perfects which will grant you the showdown with Gouken.

Its possible that the last has to be done with Ryu, its what I did (since I can get easy perfects with Ryu's Hadouken spam). I did all of this on easiest and 1 round and didn't beat the game with all characters yet.
                                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 15-02-2009, 19:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X