Lesbian Vampire Killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chain View Post
    This country has a strange obsession for hating anyone successful.

so thats why i am so loved by everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      To be grammatically correct it should be Killer Vampire Lesbians, otherwise it's leading us to believe it's Castlevania related.

These 2 guys are really overexposed at the minute, it's gonna blow up in their faces soon.
      Both of them piss me off, simply because they and the people behind them.. think they are amazingly talented. That's the only funny thing about them and what they do.

Gavin and Stacey has a cast of reasonably succesful actors. I think a few of them help make the show more than it actually is. I don't think it's brilliant in any way. People must be desperate for entertainment if they herald it as "Amazing".

I happened to catch their new Stand-up show - and was once again.. amazed at how ridiculously unfunny they are. The show is lame. I'd have more faith in 10-year-olds making me laugh.

Then you have the fact that this new film is rubbish - with a messed up title, and it's a very sad situation. Doesn't mean both of them haven't become rich bastards, though.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        so thats why i am so loved by everyone

Could you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
          See, I'd never seen them in anything before! LOL. I don't watch much UK TV at all. I've seen the thin one on something once, but I think that was a trailer for a show rather than the show itself?? Maybe that's why I liked their schtick. There were only 2 people laughing in the cinema, including myself. Then again, there were only 10 people in there total anyway
          I didn't mind the pair of them in Gavin & Stacey.

I didn't like the show in the way that so may others seemed to but it was OK and they were OK in it. As good as these two were or weren't, I really can't help but feel that the humour in it was carried more by other people in the show rather than these two although I' sure that they did everything that was expected of them.

I didn't watch their new show as the couple of adverts that I saw for it made it look terrible.
          Originally posted by Chain
          Not that I'd ever bother to watch it again, but really, there's a lot worse **** out there than this.
          There's a lot worse out there but I'd rather not judge quality on how bad other stuff is. This was bad on it's own standing and also in comparison to other films.

There's probably a lot of people who really enjoyed it and I wouldn't pretend to be able to want to tell people what they do or don't enjoy.

There seems to be a problem where people now seem to think that it's easy to make a good b-movie type of film which annoys the hell out of me. I like that style (sweeping generalisation) of film, when it's done well but the people who make them really need to stop seeing it as an easy type of film to make well.
          Originally posted by Chain
          This country has a strange obsession for hating anyone successful
          I can only really give my opinion on what I've experienced myself. They were OK in Gavin & Stacey, this film was terrible & the adverts I saw for their new show looked awful.

Those opinions aren't anything to do with how successful or unsuccessful they've been or not been. I don't even think that I consider them to be successful after watching this, maybe if I'd been asked last year then I may have answered differently.

Comment

What really annoys me about the eat bloke* from gavin and stacey and his sidekick is that they are very overexposed.

Someone somewhere obviously has a lot of money riding on them as within the space of a year, as a double act, they have been inflicted onto every awards show, radio show, chat show, given their own show and now a film. You cannot switch on a tv or radio without seeing them and they are even plastered over every phone box. I wouldn't mind of they were funny but their humour is so forced, and I don't think they are double act material. They don't feel like they should be performing as a double act.

*My sister was trying to text me using predictive text about the "fat" bloke from gavin and stacey, but she didn't notice that it had put "eat" instead, so that particular name has now stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post

Someone somewhere obviously has a lot of money riding on them as within the space of a year, as a double act, they have been inflicted onto every awards show, radio show, chat show, given their own show and now a film. You cannot switch on a tv or radio without seeing them and they are even plastered over every phone box. I wouldn't mind of they were funny but their humour is so forced, and I don't think they are double act material. They don't feel like they should be performing as a double act.
              Both of them - and the people behind them - must surely know that they are both talentless. I think it's a case of them being surprised by their success - and trying to milk the publics stupid fascination with them.. to the limit. It's all about making as much money as possible.

Look at Big Brother winners - and people like them. They are overexposed for a while - to rake in as much cash as possible. It makes business sense.

I see a lot of bad comedy and comedians. These two guys struck lucky with 'Gavin & Stacey'. It's a weak sitcom, but.. that hasn't stopped people from giving it undue respect.

Life isn't fair. These two guys success is proof of that. I bet there are plenty of talented people who just didn't get a chance.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-03-2009, 16:13.

Comment

I thought this was just merely ok; nothing more, nothing less.

A few laughs here and there but as soon as I left the cinema, I didn't really think about the film very much at all. Although they are different films altogether, I preferred Marley & Me - it made me smile and chuckle more than this did!

Comment

These guys success is very strange, it seems as if overnight they became a household name. I'd barely heard of them until there was an xmas special for Gavin and Stacy then they were suddenly famous.

It seems like someone is trying to replicate the sucess of Simon Pegg and Co with Shaun of the Dead, only forgetting that these 2 guys aren't particuarly funny.

Comment

There's a good blog having a pop at this painfully unfunny duo here - http://broken-tv.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-in-blue.html

Comment

Well thank f*ck that most ppl on here have some sense when it comes to these 2 & this piece of sh*t film.

They are over exposed just like Ant & Dec, Graham Norton & Alan Carr. Not just their fault. Its those behind them trying to make the big bucks as fast as they can.

Thats the thing with this film too. As soon as I heard the title I wasnt impressed. Its to suck in mostly the male gender, & then when I found out who was in it it was obvious it wasnt gonna be much cop & was just all about how much cash their names would make.

The fat 1 was in Fat Friends (another piece of sh*t) along with Nessa from Gavin & Stacy, & the guy who plays that wiener Gavin was Nans nephew or whatever on the Catherine Tate show. Its Nessa & Rob Brydon that have any good lines in G&S anyway, & for the obvious reason i.e. they have talent.

These 2 guys are both pretty much dull as actors but its amazing what hype can do eh!!

Comment

LOL I must be the only person in the world who didn't know who they were

Still, surprising how bitter many people are about two "average" fellas getting a good publicist and having a go at being successful. Sounds like outright hatred in some posts. You know, if you don't like them, you can just not watch their TV shows.

Unless they really are on everything

Anyone calling the film **** and also saying about the over-exposure of the guys, have you actually seen the film? Because surely if you don't like the guys, you'd not have gone to see the film? Or am I missing something??

Comment

I personally like them

i havent watched their standup or comedy show, but Gavin and Stacey was pretty good

the film to me looks tosh, will watch it eventually but i wont be paying anything over a couple of quid for it if anything at all </wink>

Comment

Just watch Zombie strippers instead. Awful awful film but it has some lols.

Comment

Working...
                            X