Yakuza 3 [DEMO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakuza 3 [DEMO]

Thought I'd start a thread on this as I think the demo is really good.

Downloaded off the Japan store, so unfortunately the game is completely in Japanese but that doesn't mean you can't get a great experience from it.

I'm not sure how long the demo is as I kept getting killed by a gang of 4 blokes. But I had a good 30-45 mins of play before that to get used to the controls and an idea of how the game plays out.

I've never played any of the other Yakuza's on PS2, but I think I might try and get 1 or 2 for hopefully the western release of this.

The game visuals are fantastic and the character models are superb in my opinion. Compared to the open world style of GTA4 this appeals a lot more to me.

Give it a go and lets hope for a western release later this year!

Downloading now. Already got it on pre-order, though; knowing my luck a Western release announcement is right around the corner but I'd still be amazed if we saw it any time this year, and with how much I loved 2 right up until the end, I'm not waiting.

Comment

Its a great demo although I was kind of put off by the Nightclub brawl. It was hard and the camera sucked. On the streets the fun began, awesome brawls! And a very shenmue feeling in a lively world with Arcades and evening stores.

The demo took me well over 40 minutes to complete, that was with doing sidestuff such as visiting cabaret ladies and the arcade. Fights are not easy per se.

Comment

Ahahaha! It really is 1 and 2 in hi-def!

This being ever so slightly a bad thing given I thought it'd maybe look a bit... shinier? The in-game models are very obviously lower res than the cutscenes, and there's a lot of jaggies, to the point where it actually starts to bother me.

Other than that, this is fantastic. Love how even the unvoiced parts in the cutscenes are still directed quite nicely, the same wildly OTT melodrama that goes into kicking the crap out of everyone, the details, the incidental stuff like blood on people's faces during fights, and the new moves... stamping on people while they're crawling away from you for the win.

God, it's great to be back. Roll on the end of the month! I'll be broke, but I'll be having fun...

Comment

I tried it last night and got mauled by the guy in the Blue suit when he brought out his sword!

Seems like more of the same though, although I wasn't really "wowed" by the visuals.

Comment

Its just Yakuza II in high def , with some improvements in the fighting system and in game graphics . Cut scenes engine is great, the in game fighting engine is barely averaged for a exclusive next gen game .

Nice game , but next to no chance of it coming over here , and I'm getting so very bored of MR I'm SEGA Nagoshi holding SEGA back , with his out dated views , sheer arrogance and taking credit for games he's barely worked on .
            Wake up SOJ, we need more games with western appeal and games with multi platform and mutli purpose engines

Comment

Have never played 1 and 2 but gave this demo a try, looks great, like of like shenmue for the career criminal, i beat the crap out of a load of guys then knuckle dusted their faces as they lay on the ground in pain, joy

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                I'm getting so very bored of MR I'm SEGA Nagoshi holding SEGA back , with his out dated views , sheer arrogance and taking credit for games he's barely worked on .
                Lol, to be fair to him he probably spends most of his time on Leccy Beach, thats some serious sunbed hours he's put in, can't believe how different he looks now.

Comment

Did anyone have any bother with incredibly long load times while playing?, some sections were taking at least 2 minutes to load up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
                    Did anyone have any bother with incredibly long load times while playing?, some sections were taking at least 2 minutes to load up.
                    No loaded in 10-20 seconds from what I remember

Comment

I'm going to pick this up next week, as I loved the PS2 flavours of this game and I loved Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan.

~g

--
                      Gamertag: TokyoJooji (360) & Jooji (PS3)

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven リズム天国ゴールド, Noby Noby Boy, Flower, Loco Roco 2 and Katamari Damacy

Comment

Mines just shipped so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week if customs don't get their grubby hands on it. Haven't bothered to play the demo though as I'd sooner start the full game without having seen anything.

For those that have played it though, how quick do the fights load up, I've heard that it's supposed to be instant in this one. Hopefully it is as that was the most annoying part in the previous ones for me.

Comment

Could I ask where you ordered it from as I'm considering picking up a copy myself if the price is not too ridiculous.

Comment

Thought the demo was good. No skipping of all the talking and cutscenes annoyed me a bit. I own Ryu ga gotku 1 (Yakuza 1) so I knew what to expect. The fight system gets a bit repetative in some of the boss type battles on this demo. I`m sure like the first game though some battles will be more interesting, and won`t take as long. Not tried any of the sub games in this yet but I`m sure they are great fun as in the first game. Think this is gonna be good but just wish the fight system felt a bit more up to date. I will buy this after completing Biohazard 5 first (Resident Evil 5).

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                              Could I ask where you ordered it from as I'm considering picking up a copy myself if the price is not too ridiculous.
                              Got it from this seller dazzleraredigital, chose the faster postage option so it came to about ?65 which isn't too bad considering the crap exchange rate, you might be able to get it slightly cheaper from another seller though, I just went with that one for the Kamutai magazine seeing as I have the previous 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X