Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Megamix Lives!!!

Check this out:

Now that this has come up, I guess it's time to make it official. Recently, there was a "leak" of some Megamix material. This material contained...

It seems that the project is not dead at all!

And to anyone who hasn't played Sonic Megamix, which is by far the best Sonic hack, I seriously suggest you hunt down the ISO and play it on your Mega CD. Playing it made me feel 13 all over again... well not quite in every department... but hey, you get the idea. A brand new MD Sonic, all these years later. Who'd have thunk it?

Fantastic news Great find samanosuke, thanks!

Comment

Oh how I dismay at the lack of response!

Have none of you played it yet?!? Trust me, this is no Sonic Delta. It's practically a new game!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        Oh how I dismay at the lack of response!

Have none of you played it yet?!? Trust me, this is no Sonic Delta. It's practically a new game!
        Ummmm, I Pm'd you about it. I really want to play it and then maybe I could comment on it.

Comment

I knew about this a few days ago, from the radio sega forums.

IT's almost great but there are some issues I have with it. Though, it's is a great homebrew hack.

Comment

And you thought Sonic Megamix looked good...

Sonic XG Video

Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
              And you thought Sonic Megamix looked good...

Sonic XG Video

Homepage
              Isn't that Sonic Advance, with Sonic CD sprite and some nice effects on badniks? Oh, and awful music

Comment

Damn, this has definately intrigued me! I'll have to check it out after work! Take it I could play this on my PSP aswel if it's just a regular ISO?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                  Damn, this has definately intrigued me! I'll have to check it out after work! Take it I could play this on my PSP aswel if it's just a regular ISO?
                  Via Picodrive, yup.

Comment

Played this the other week, not bad at all for an homebrew hack but is it me or is the framerate really choppy, I'm finding it a bit unplayable because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                      Played this the other week, not bad at all for an homebrew hack but is it me or is the framerate really choppy, I'm finding it a bit unplayable because of this.
                      It seems to play fine on my Athlon 64 X2 with Windows XP. Do you have an option to enable/disable frameskipping in your emulator?

Comment

Originally posted by knight_beat View Post
                        It seems to play fine on my Athlon 64 X2 with Windows XP. Do you have an option to enable/disable frameskipping in your emulator?
                        I'm using Gens on Linux Mint, haven't got frame skip enabled and all the other megadrive games I've tried all play perfectly, it just seems really choppy when you compare it to the real Sonic games.

Comment

Whoah. This pricked my ears...

Sonic's been dead to me since flickies island. Trust the fans to step in and do what sega should've done YEARS AGO on gba. Sonic pocket adventure was good though.

Can't wait till its finished and I can stick it on my psp. LOVED sonic cd btw. Hasn't played it until a few months ago. Special stages kindof ruined it for me, and having to find the generators and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                            What are you playing it on? It runs fine on my Multi-Mega...

Edit: Oh yeah, I see. Try it on original hardware if you can --- it works a treat!
                            Last edited by samanosuke; 28-02-2009, 03:20.

Comment

Sounds great love to try it, can anyone PM me with details to get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X