Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

This is brilliant.

I've just been reading around this online and saw that some Arcades were shipping with the Jasper chipset.

Just took a look a the back of mine (which was a replacement last month for an Arcade which crapped out from GAME) and it's a 12.1A. Which means it's a Jasper. And it's just as loud (if not a tad bit louder) as my previous Falcon unit

GAME didn't swap out my power supply but I can't see that would make much of a difference. Saved myself from buying the red one for no reason at least

Have a look though the rear grill. Does the center of each fan have a silver sticker with writing or black with nothing?

Comment

Silver sticker with writing.

Comment

That's the problem then, you have the Delta fans, the loudest of the lot.

The difference between them and Nidec's is considerable.

Comment

Stupid me, I keep forgetting about the different fan types.

So my next question's going to be... do the new Jasper Elites come with those as standard?

Comment

Certainly with every model up till now it seems to be totally random, but the Delta's are much more common, making the chance of getting Nidec's pretty slim.

If it really does bug you that much i would change them yourself, and void the warranty, which in my opinion isn't worth **** anyway.

Comment

Yeah that's the truth.

Comment

My red console has the Delta fans, which would explain it's noise levels. Its not overly loud, but its way louder than my 2007 NTSC-J Elite, which has solid black fans and is the quietest one I've ever owned.

Comment

Solid black = the Nidecs. Some difference eh? You did well to get those John.

Maybe all the Resi consoles have the Delta's?

The Nidecs are rarely seen, maybe they have stopped using them all together.

Comment

Yep, big difference. I noticed how quiet it was right away when I first got it, but didn't know the reason why...until now.

Comment

My RED Elite has the Delta fans too, it's rather quiet though

Comment

This from VampX on xbox scene, poor bastard -

"My Dutch RE5 Elite Edition is not a Jasper. (175W and 14,2A)

Also its not even red its just black, it seems the Dutch MS branch decided to clear out some old Elite stock and ship it in the RE5 box.

I feel screwed after waiting for so long, but i ordered it because the entire Internet was sure that it was a Jasper.

It didn't even come with Street Fighter HD.

I'm just so angry right now, mostly at myself for being a moron and ordering it, i should have known MS would pull something."

Comment

that sucks man ,
                          how can i tell for sure my red 360 is elite, says 2009 1 07 on the back?

Comment

It's got a 120 HDD on the top of it, that's an Elite mate.

Comment

All red / black 360's are elites (the only thing that makes them an elite is the 120gb hdd as Holio says & the colour of the console case).

Hang about it even tells you on the box doesn't it?
                              Last edited by tom-nook; 17-03-2009, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                                that sucks man ,
                                how can i tell for sure my red 360 is elite, says 2009 1 07 on the back?

Did you mean to say Jasper?

Comment

Working...
                                X