GeoDefense - iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeoDefense - iPhone

I've been playing GeoDefense on the iPhone for a few days now, and can safely say that it's the best 59p I've spent in a very long time.

If you have even the slightest interest in tower defence games, or love the Vector/Geo Wars retro look, this is for you.

Although it looks stunning (not seen any frame rate issues, even with loads and loads of particles flying around), the real ace up this games sleeve is the actual level design. 30 levels, split into easy, medium and hard, they are all pretty difficult if you want no "creeps" to get to your base, but it's always possible. I've finished the first easy 10 levels, and am now on the medium ones - they are very tough... some of the play mechanics are interesting too - for example, on higher levels, you can link 2 towers to a vortex, and feed it energy from each kill(and upgrade it's capacity) and then, when things are suitable mental, double tap the vortex to release it as an energy bomb, wiping out the enemies on the screen.

I should mention that this is a very fast game. It's like playing an arcade version of a tower defence game. Towards the end of some of the medium levels it goes absolutely insanely fast with loads of things on the screen and looks very impressive.

There is also a cool score multiplier systems, which seems to work on the basis that the closer to the base you kill the creeps, the higher the score multiplier gets - obviously a far riskier proposition...

The only downside so far that I've found is that your finger obscures the view for pixel perfect tower placement - the developer has mentioned on Touch Arcade that this will be fixed in an update, along with more levels added.

Here's a link to the developers blog that has some videos on to show you it in motion.

http://www.criticalthoughtgames.com/Welcome.html

For 59p it's a steal.
    Last edited by Hardbattle; 26-02-2009, 11:16. Reason: spelling error

Anyone else tried this yet? Last nights 1 go started at 11.30ish and ended at 3am! The medium levels are really kicking my ass, but I'm not gonna give up .....

Comment

Working...
    X