iDOLM@STER SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iDOLM@STER SP

This arrived yesterday and I got a chance to start into it earlier today.

For those that don't know, Idolmaster is an arcade/360 game where you take an idol and train her, with the goal of being the best of the best. There was a spinoff game, Live For You, released on the 360 which was more of a dress-up/rhythm action game, but this PSP version is the same as the arcade and original 360 versions.

There are 3 versions of the game, each with different girls. A new element of SP is that there are now rival girls from a different studio.

Gameplay wise, the game is broken up into 52 weeks and each week you are given a schedule where you must give your girl stuff to do - lessons to improve their stats, promotions and auditions. In between, there are bits where you need to choose a selection from a dialogue tree which will raise or lower your girls status which is tricky if you don't read Japanese.

Being Namco and following on from the 360 version, there is already quite a bit of DLC which is quite expensive but if you get into the games, you will definitely want to buy the new songs and costumes. There's a code for a free school uniform download (not sure if it's just the first press or not) with the game though which is nice as I bought it for, if I remember right, 1000 MS Points on the 360!

Overall, if you're a fan, the game has made the transition to the PSP very well. For newcomers who wanted to try the games but not buy a Japanese PSP, it's worth buying but beware that there will be quite a bit of trial and error involved unless you know Japanese.

The only question is...which version have you got?
    Oh, and one more: in which version the blond chick is?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      The only question is...which version have you got?
      Oh, and one more: in which version the blond chick is?
      I got Perfect Sun as Makoto is my favourite

The blond one (Miki) is in Missing Moon which also features the 'least' popular girls so all us iMAS geeks will have to buy it to see Miki :P (she's my second fav)

Comment

I'm tempted to get one version of the game, but IIRC in the 360 version girls also had different personality traits making some more difficult to manage than others, and getting struck with the most problematic would make me throw the game out of the window...or make me seriously begin to study Japanese.
        I guess Miki isn't that popular since she didn't even got on the front cover :P

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          I'm tempted to get one version of the game, but IIRC in the 360 version girls also had different personality traits making some more difficult to manage than others, and getting struck with the most problematic would make me throw the game out of the window...or make me seriously begin to study Japanese.
          I guess Miki isn't that popular since she didn't even got on the front cover :P
          There's things in the game like getting bad fanmail which is totally random and can drag the girls stats down, but there's plenty of opportunity to raise stats elsewhere in the game so it balances out

Miki is actually one of the more popular girls, the reason she's not on the cover is that in SP, she defected to a rival studio (got more than a few otaku annoyed! :P) and is now considered a rival. There's one rival for each game although I haven't read for sure that they can be unlocked and played. Some forums say they can but I haven't seen any proof yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Miki is actually one of the more popular girls, the reason she's not on the cover is that in SP, she defected to a rival studio
            Aaaaw, guess I'll go with Ami and Mami then

Comment

Is this the game that also unlocks stuff in Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                Is this the game that also unlocks stuff in Home.
                It is. First game to do so too I think.

Comment

Working...
                X