Riiiiiidge Racer!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riiiiiidge Racer!!!!!

Sorry, just boring RR quetions im afraid. Looking at getting the best conversion of the original Namco classic, but not sure witch to get? The original PS1 version? The 'high res' verstion from the Ridge Racer 4 bonus disc? Or the PS2 version on 'Namco Collection?' which is best? I pressume the original ps1 game dosent support dual shock controllers as its release predates them, but is it compatable with any wheels? The rr4 version is hig res, but as i'll be playing on a bc ps3 thats probably irrelevent as i could upscale whatever version i get, does it support wheels/neg/jogcon's? Same goes for the ps2 version? Wheel support etc? Help please.

I dont think the High Res version was a whole game to be honest.

Comment

The majority of the early PSone steering wheels were basically pretending to be Negcon controllers so any wheel should work with both of the games (which are fully Negcon compatible).

Upscaling the original game on a PS3 won’t give you the same effect as the Hi-Res disc. One of the often forgotten benefits of the RR4 bonus disc is that it runs at 60FPS (the original port is 30FPS) which is very noticeable. Also, the car models are better. This comes at a cost though in that the only modes available are T.T. (against 1 rival) and T.A. (just you on the course). There are no full 12 car races available in the Hi-Spec game.

The version on the Namcollection disc is identical to the launch PSone game.

Comment

You seriously do not want to play RR with a wheel...

The original disc looks bad when upscaled, and do not run it via progressive as it looks even worse that way.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Anyone know if the Pal release of Namcollection features a 60Hz option?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            You seriously do not want to play RR with a wheel...
            Unless of course you source yourself the actual sit-down arcade cabinet!

I saw a mint one on ebay a few months ago for around 250-300..

But I'm guessing you're probably not wanting to go that far..

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Anyone know if the Pal release of Namcollection features a 60Hz option?
              I don't think there was a PAL version of Namcollection. Japan only I think.

Comment

Okay, cheers C'

Comment

Originally posted by MyNameIsBruce View Post
                  I dont think the High Res version was a whole game to be honest.
                  Correct, didn't realise it until I played it. Wifey brought it back from Japan last year, still it only cost about 50p.

Comment

Cheers guys, i think ill go for nam collection for the full game plus im getting the other games (mr driller,tekken 2 etc) as a 'bonus' so to sum up, the nam collection version supports neg/jog con? Wheels?(why dont i want to play it with a wheel j0e?) is it 30/60 fps?
                    Last edited by SuperDanX; 02-03-2009, 12:39. Reason: Fps not hz

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                      The version on the Namcollection disc is identical to the launch PSone game.
                      I think the music is slightly different. I'd have to check again to be sure, but I remember it being different recordings of the tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                        Cheers guys, i think ill go for nam collection for the full game plus im getting the other games (mr driller,tekken 2 etc) as a 'bonus' so to sum up, the nam collection version supports neg/jog con? Wheels?(why dont i want to play it with a wheel j0e?) is it 30/60 fps?
                        The Namcollection one runs at 30FPS.

Pretty sure it supports whatever controllers the original version did but it may be a bit of an ass getting those working on PS3. Do PS>USB convertors work?

Comment

Some are better than others, i have an inpin ps1/2 >ps3 convertor on the way to me which is apparently about as good as it gets.
                          Last edited by SuperDanX; 02-03-2009, 13:41. Reason: Inpin not ipin

Comment

THe Hi Spec demo was great, I played that for years. As someone mentioned it was limited but after playing it for a while I could never go back to the original PS Ridge Racer.

Comment

rr4 was best in my opinion, although close RR on psp, didnt really rate any of the xbox/ps series ones

Comment

Working...
                              X