Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Pure Bladestone is a 1/200 drop. Nobody in their right mind would give one away.

Unless you do like me and farm one naturally, then use the offline item store glitch to dupe it. Once was bad enough never again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Yeah, I've been playing this since it came up on PS+.

I'm absolutely loving it and I'm not a fan of dying!

It's tough, but not unfair and I think that's the point. I died when I didn't realise you could aim the bow when you carry it in two hands and was panicking in first-person view unable to block, but other than that, it's all on you if you make a mistake.

I beat the 4-1 boss last night, the long-tongued fat guy with a bird on his head. I was faffing around trying to sneak up on him and shoot him, but got bored of getting licked, so jumped down and gave him a taste of my spear.

If I see a blue spot, does that mean I call somebody into my game in real time?
      The Ajudicator? Yeah he has a killer tongue, breaking the floor and all that. Dead easy to beat once you get down to him and hack away at his belly. Wait until you get to the next boss though. Absolutely tense.

If you click on the soul sign and a username comes up, you can choose to summon them (as a phantom) into your game. Just assure you are playing online and you are human. This tends to be dead handy when you want to take on bosses that are proving a little difficult on your own.

If you need a hand sometime, let me know. Happy to assist you if things are getting frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        The Ajudicator? Yeah he has a killer tongue, breaking the floor and all that. Dead easy to beat once you get down to him and hack away at his belly. Wait until you get to the next boss though. Absolutely tense.
        The

Old Hero

is one of the best bosses of the game, and the best way to beat it is completely in line on how it looks.

Comment

Yeah the old hero fight is great.

Theres no real way to "cheat" with him either (unlike the Adjundicator, where you can literally just stand at the door and fire arrows). Unless you count using the theifs ring as cheating of course.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 14-06-2013, 06:27.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Yeah the old hero fight is great.

Theres no real way to "cheat" with him either (unlike the Adjundicator, where you can literally just stand at the door and fire arrows). Unless you count using the theifs ring as cheating of course.
            Without the Thief's Ring, you can go

in spirit form, no armour and pick him out from the distance with a bow. The Thief's Ring helps if you're in human form and with an armour

Comment

I started this for the third time last night - this time on the PAL version from PS+. It's still wonderful, and despite thinking "I have 1-1 down", I went and rushed one bit and got a truly well-deserved humbling by a bunch of angry dudes. A cautionary reminder for me nice and early on. This is the time though; this time I am seeing it through.

Comment

I've been working my way through this and really loving some of it but I've become stuck and don't know if there is a good way to get out of it.

Worlds 1, 2 and 3 are all done and dusted. I'm working my way through 4-2. I have put the majority my points into magic as I am going down the Crescent Falchion path. I found 4-2 really tough and burned loads of souls on death so I eventually took to grinding the first part to get levelled up more and put some points into vitality and endurance. I also killed Saint Urbain to force the black phantom to spawn in that pit every time so I could grind chunks of darkmoonstone and stones of ephermeral eyes on each run.

All my deaths and killing Urbain has now caused the tendency to spawn some black phantoms on the second cliff path, two double handed swordsmen and one dual katana guy. I can deal with the double handed guys but the dual wielder kills me in one hit, slicing straight through my shield and nuking my health. I have the Thief's Ring but there doesn't seem to be a good angle on hitting him with an arrow, letting him reset then repeating. I know I can roll but the chances of me rolling through every attack while managing to get my own hits back in are pretty minimal.

Anyone got any hints to stop him from spawning or a good way to deal with him?

Comment

You could always use the Thomas Glitch to beef yourself up a bit.

I know it's cheating, but if you're going to grind, you could save yourself some time and get back to enjoying the game.

Comment

This is still my favourite over Dark Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      I know I can roll but the chances of me rolling through every attack while managing to get my own hits back in are pretty minimal.

Anyone got any hints to stop him from spawning or a good way to deal with him?
                      I 'think' I lead him to an edge, rolled around him with lock on then kicked him off.

Comment

Hmmm...

Hadn't seen the glitch. If the only options is grinding, I think I'll do that before giving up on the game. Cheers!

Comment

When a world has black tendency, extra black phantoms will spawn there. You can bring a world toward white by killing bosses or by killing a named black phantom, i.e. a black phantom version of a character you can interact with.
                          In World 4 that black phantom is Satsuki, and he'll spawn in 4-1: you'll see him the moment you pop there and will attack you right away. He's probably the hardest black phantom in the whole game: he's aggressive, fast, likes to recover health when below 30% (IIRC), and very hard to cheese.
                          Killing a named black phatom will revert the world back to neutral (IIRC), eliminating the black phantoms on that cliff in 4-2.

All black phantoms will see right through the Thief's Ring except at extreme ranges. The Graverobber Ring is slightly better than the Thief's Ring against black phantoms, but they'll still be able to see you when close.
                          Sound also play an important role when sneaking up on enemies: going around in spirit form will produce less noise than in human form, and heavier the equipment (heavy armours, large shields and weapons) more noise you'll produce. But don't expect to escape black phantoms, they can even detect you when approached from behind if you're not careful.
                          Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 23-08-2013, 09:22.

Comment

Thanks very much briareos! I'll give Satsuki a go before duping. Would much prefer to do this game legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                              Thanks very much briareos! I'll give Satsuki a go before duping. Would much prefer to do this game legitimately.
                              It will be easier defeating the other black phantoms. Or are you playing offline? Every time I went online worlds weren't fully black or fully white except for special events, logging in might help, though it will rest the status of all worlds.

Comment

Working...
                              X