No announcement yet.

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh [DEMO - PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more interestingly its one and a half gig are we going to see more memory card braking games from now on then?

Comment

I enjoyed the combat and animation, especially for a old school beat 'em up type game I thought it was quite fun.

Definately not worth the price though, and I wouldn't be able to play a full length game that's as repetitive as the trial level.

Comment

downloaded, played for 5 mins, deleted. waste of everyones time.
        What superhero only has 2 actions they can perform?
        this gameplay wouldn't have been acceptable on a c64!

Comment

I gave this as a spin, and even as a brawler AND Watchmen fan I must say this is utter rot.

Comment

Originally posted by laruso View Post
            downloaded, played for 5 mins, deleted. waste of everyones time.
            What superhero only has 2 actions they can perform?
            this gameplay wouldn't have been acceptable on a c64!
            But if you play it for more than 5 minutes, it becomes very apparent that there a re a lot more than just 2 moves. They quickly unlock as you make your way through the level.

Comment

fair enough. those few minutes i played it for didnt make me want to play any longer. seems a bit daft though to have to beat a few people up to unlock more moves than just a simple punch.

i guess over xmas ive been spoilt by a lot of AAA titles and this seems to aspire to mediocrity but doesnt even manage that successfully.

i know its download only game, but at a quarter of the price noby noby boy has far more value in its pause screen!

Comment

I like this, i'm probabaly not gonna buy it as i have too many games at the moment (unless Im so excited after I see the film I feel I need too), but for a scrolling beat em up i like it. Throwing people over the the prison balcony and smashing inmates faces in with pipes couldnt relaly be made to be much more fun than it is here.

People seem to be complaining that the gameplay is simple, isn't Streets Of Rage 2 simple? does that mean its not a classic? I'm not saying this is a classic by any means, but you see my point I hope. It does its job and I think it does it pretty well.

I agree its expensive though if its not a long game.

Comment

I'm really liking this to be honest. Expected to utterly hate it but I think it's a really straight solid brawler with some nice hi-def graphics. The downsides for me is no online co-op which it feels like it's built for, and a few chapters in I'm feeling like it's missing some interesting boss fights. I suspect those are side effects of choosing to go download rather than retail.

So overall really, it's no God Hand but a pretty solid bit of old style brawling fun if don't mind dropping around 13 quid on it.

Comment

I bought this and played through to the start of chapter 3 and thought it was pretty good. The voice acting is really good and the finishing moves are nice and brutal. Plus I liked the comic book style cut scenes. It is a rip off though.
                    I presume they are releasing a Dr Manhattan, Silk Spectre version too? What about Ozymandias and the Comedian??

Comment

On PS3 this game looks like a PS2 game, outmoded utter arsefest imo.

Comment

dreadful game, really really bad.

Comment

I saw the film at the weekend and was hyped enough from it and drunk enough last night to actualy buy it.

Personaly I stand by my impressions of the demo, if you like beating the crap out of people its a fun game.

There are actualy lots of different combos and its quite challanging, plus some of the finishing moves you pick up are just awesomley brutal.

I like the cut scenes too, its all very faithful to the feel of both the comic and the film.

I don't understand why people are being negative about this to be honest I think its well made and fun.

Comment

I'm with you there. Slagging off a brawler for being repetitive is like....wierd.

Comment

Working...
                            X