Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (Demo)

Tried the PS3 version of this and "Terrible" pretty much sums up my thoughts.

The controls mimic Gears Of War with the added ability to curve bullets Only unlike gears the cover mechanic dosnet seem natural at all and the enemy A.I seems no existant. The demo only lasts about 5 minutes and you can only play on the "pussy" difficulty level but I played enough to see that this is really bad.

Curving bullets is pretty lame, once you have built up your adrealin meter (which isnt hard at all) you the hold down R1 (and I presume the RB on the 360 version) and you lock on to a target, you then fiddle with the right stick a bit untill the on screen indicator (a line) turns white and let go. Somtimes you kill people this way, somtimes you just make them stumble about a bit, I'm not entirely sure why you dont always kill them but there you go. You ocasionaly get a random animation where the camera follows the bullet as it flys into a guys head, but besides those odd moments the bullet curving is done in such a way that it makes it look like you arent doing anything out of the ordinary, the result seems a bit frustrating really, instead of making you go "wow!!! I curved a bullet!!!" you usualy go "hmmm, how come that guy didnt die then?"

There isnt really anything other to the demo than shooting people and curving bullets into their heads really so theres not much more to say, other than i''m deffinitley not buying this game.

Yeah I tried it out too, was the worst parts of Gears (not many of those) and worst parts of Bourne mixed together (a few of those, lol).

Comment

Yea its pants, the aiming was awful so I just switched it off after about 1 minute.

Comment

I thought it was ok, a bit too much cover play almost like it could have been on rails.
        I wanted a bit more freedom when jumping over cover, didnt want to just instantly go to cover again, found myself having to press A to get out of cover to kill someone literally infront of me who I sprinted past over some cover.
        The demo was based in a plane so there isnt really much space for variety of moves I suppose maybe other levels will be better, will give it a shot when it's released but wont be on day one though.

Comment

Okay - guess I may not bother to try and overcome my utter loathing of the film and graphic novel after all, then. Shame - Bionic Commando has me so excited I really wanted to believe Grin could turn **** into gold.

Comment

I had a go at this and I quite liked it. Yes it feels narrow in terms of movement because it's on a plane, but as Family Fry said in later levels things may well open up a bit. Melee takedowns were great, running out from behind cover in slo mo, shooting everyone is always fun too!

Reminded me a lot of Dark Sector - Which I really enjoyed, so I'll be certain to pick this one up. I wouldn't pay £40 for it, but then tbh there aren't many games I would these days. And waiting even a week after release sees prices come down!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
              I had a go at this and I quite liked it. Yes it feels narrow in terms of movement because it's on a plane, but as Family Fry said in later levels things may well open up a bit. Melee takedowns were great, running out from behind cover in slo mo, shooting everyone is always fun too!

Reminded me a lot of Dark Sector - Which I really enjoyed, so I'll be certain to pick this one up. I wouldn't pay ?40 for it, but then tbh there aren't many games I would these days. And waiting even a week after release sees prices come down!
              No way! dark sector was a good game, in fact in places it was fantastic.

It also actualy played well, this dosent.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                No way! dark sector was a good game, in fact in places it was fantastic.

It also actualy played well, this dosent.
                Dark Sector was great indeed!

This reminds me of it, in the sense that it has a similar sort of feel, moving around picking your cover carefully, you lack the awesome glaive, but get to curve bullets about instead (which I'm sure becomes more impressive later in the game etc) and also feels really wholesome when you get up close and personal!

Obviously it's hard to base this on just a short demo, but I really didn't think this was all that bad

Comment

You didnt have to pick cover carefully thpough, I dont understand why they only let you play the game on easy, it made the cover system feel pointless and Ive no idea what the game plays like on normal now.

I didnt think the cover system was done that well though, like I said it didnt feel as natural or as fluid as in Gears or indeed dark sector.

Also why do you feel the curving bullets will become more impressive latter in the game? are there extra bullet curving abillities to unlock? I'm not even sure how they would do that, heh.

Comment

You didnt have to pick cover carefully thpough, I dont understand why they only let you play the game on easy, it made the cover system feel pointless and Ive no idea what the game plays like on normal now.

I didnt think the cover system was done that well though, like I said it didnt feel as natural or as fluid as in Gears or indeed dark sector.
                    In terms of bullet curving you do need to be careful where you hide As for the cover, did you play the tutorial section? Where it teaches you about using blind fire to supress the enemy, and then getting a more rapid move between cover ability (it calls it something better than that, but I can't remember what ) in order to flank and get the upper hand. Nice touch I thought. It's not present in the plane level, but later on when the game opens up it will probably be quite useful. I agree that it would be nice to see what the game throws at you on a harder difficulty, whereby one would like to think cover would be more important.

Also why do you feel the curving bullets will become more impressive latter in the game? are there extra bullet curving abillities to unlock? I'm not even sure how they would do that, heh.
                    Some of the movies I saw showed barrages of bullets being curved, and I'm thinking when the levels spread out, you'll be able to get some awesome long range curves done too. Ideally they also let you lock onto explosive scenery for some tasty explosive death action too!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post

Some of the movies I saw showed barrages of bullets being curved, and I'm thinking when the levels spread out, you'll be able to get some awesome long range curves done too. Ideally they also let you lock onto explosive scenery for some tasty explosive death action too!
                      Ahh ok...

Speaking of bullets has reminded me of somthing else thats dodgy about the game though... Why when you kill a bad guy holding a shotgun or a machine gun, does he drop ammo for your pistols? Do you not collect other weapons in the game?

Comment

I was wondering that too. Perhaps with the demo they don't want to give too much away? Possibly too the barrage of bullets is actually a curved shotgun blast? Certainly could be fun to watch.

*I think my last post wasnt too clear in one point too - locking bullets onto exploding things, I don't know for sure if they let you do that, I just really hope they do

Comment

i found it fun , but i don't think i will buy it maybe a rent over the weekend

Comment

Thought it was OK but won't be buying it. If I was the sort who rented games this would be a game I'd rent.

Comment

Its certainly alot better than Stranglehold. But thats not saying much.

Comment

Working...
                              X