[PSP]Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PSP]Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

This seamed to come out of nowhere and it is a balst, though not without its fustrations.

I have not been following the story, but it is something about getting to the end of platform sections, where you are faced with a beat um up style boss battle, in order to obtain that bosses special food, that is needed for the town cook, to complete an important recipe.

I just want to say the graphics are very nice indeed, cartoony, colourful and suit the game well. The game also has some good sounding voice acting and music that would not be out of place in a Nintendo platformer, suddenly being replaced by more edgy tunes in the harder levels, so all in all that side of the title is great.

The game has you moving through platform levels, which are quite long and are littered with enemies who will follow you and keep attacking. To defend yourself you have a sword and the ability to stun (via a butt drop). When an enemy is stunned it takes more damage. One thing you will notice you start out with 999 lives and after an hours play i think i am going to need every last one lol. The game is tough, but not so tough that its furstrating and time to trun off, just the right level of difficulty to learn what is comming up next so you know to avoid. The good thing is the levels have regular checkpoints. The game also had a combo system that is to do with keeping enemies stunned, to build it up for extra health or bonus food items (which equal points).

I have only just had a quick go but wanted to post some impressions as so far i like what i see. Though i do have a couple of niggles. The jumping system is not quite right, sometimes you will move slowly if you hold left or right in a jump and other times fast missing your platform. I am also not as keen on the jump attack move and most bosses require this as it does the most damage. Some would see it as a risk/reward as your very prone to being hit when useing the jump attack move but do a lot of damage, i would just have liked the option to swing my sword when jumping.

At the moment 4 levels in the spin/dash move has also been completely useless. As you still take damage when useing it.

All in all this is a good solid PSP platformer, i can't wait to continue on
Working...
X