50/60hz Playstation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50/60hz Playstation question

Is full screen determined by system region or game region if anyone may know.

I.E. pal game on pal PSX is borderd, if using jap version of same game on pal PSX is it then full screen, i cant remember.

cheer!
    Last edited by Baseley09; 10-03-2009, 12:16.

Way back I had a chipped PSX, the original PAL model, and it output Jp games in 60hz. Dunno if the same applies to the PSOne though

Comment

I put a chip in a PAL PSone last year, couldn't get it to boot games though (I think I broke the PSone itself whilst soldering) but it did force 60Hz on the main menu... though I have a modded regular PS1 and that plays PAL games in 50Hz. But that may be due to the old chip.

Comment

Oh yes sorry for the confusion i did mean the original models, not PSOne.

Comment

My psx is a chipped pal and it plays my Jap games fully screened.....not sure what chip is in it tho..hope that helps

Comment

And it outputs in NTSC, not PAL 60Hz (same as with some older PS2 chips), but this shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Quick answer to your question, it's determined by the game region.

So a US game or a JAP game will play @ 60 hz and full screen on a PAL console. As long as your console is chipped to accept any region.

Comment

or you can do the old old disc swap / blu tack trick if you have an old psx!

Comment

Just a word of warning: on the DC, some NTSC games did not run fullscreen on a PAL console when booted by a chip (KoF '98 Dreammatch did, but KoF '99 Revolution didn't).
                  The latter could be booted fullscreen with use of a bootdisc.
                  This problem could later be fixed by soldering two points together on the mobo. (common knowledge now)

I don't know if there's a similar problem with any games/chips on the PSX...

Comment

Working...
                  X