Deal or no deal is for cretins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    I assume you aren't including Takeshi's Castle in that?
    Takeshi's Castle is quality entertainment. It's full of funny people, ridiculous stunts, and is simply Comedy Gold. Deal or no Deal has nothing to offer. It's boring in every way.

The only way I could tolerate watching even 10minutes of it - is if the people behind the boxes were topless glamour models. At least my eyes would be happy - even if my brain ached from the tedium.

Comment

hate deal or no deal.....i really hate any shows that rely soley on luck

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        ...and Noel Edmonds is worse than David Icke, discuss.
        and what exactly have you done with your life?

Comment

It's better to do nothing... than be a presenter of something so worthless. Edmonds could be doing something productive - rather than helping to dumb down society.

Game Shows don't have to be as brainless, or boring as Deal or no Deal. Any person with half a brain must hate to know that the show is succesful. It's depressing.

In a better world, Edmonds would be doing something more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy!
            Any person with half a brain must hate to know that the show is succesful. It's depressing.
            Not really sure what to think about somebody who says you need to be a person with half a brain to do something and then says that they do it themselves.

Well, I suppose if somebody is proud of having only half a brain then they're welcome to boast about it online.

I've never seen the show myself, not likely too either as it doesn't sound like something I'm interested in. It's probably not made for me but I imagine it's doing the job it's supposed to do of making money or they wouldn't be showing it on TV.

Whenever I hear anything about Noel Edmunds it makes me think of Chris Morris' BrassEye and that can only be a good thing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
              Not really sure what to think about somebody who says you need to be a person with half a brain to do something and then says that they do it themselves.

Well, I suppose if somebody is proud of having only half a brain then they're welcome to boast about it online.

I've never seen the show myself, not likely too either as it doesn't sound like something I'm interested in. It's probably not made for me but I imagine it's doing the job it's supposed to do of making money or they wouldn't be showing it on TV.

Whenever I hear anything about Noel Edmunds it makes me think of Chris Morris' BrassEye and that can only be a good thing!!!
              Half a brain is quite a lot in my area. My brain is so big - only half of it fits in my head. The other half is in a jar just in case I lose the other.

I find it depressing to think that anyone would want to watch Deal or no Deal. It's such a shame that there are sooo many lost souls. I can only guess that Edmonds uses some kind of hypnosis to entrance the viewers. Luckily for me, I watched it a bit, and I'm immune to his evil eyes.

Comment

I don't mind the fact that it relies just on luck, I just despise the 'sob story' element of it. Why does having something bad happen to you make you a 'hero' and 'so brave', etc, etc, etc. It does my nut in within about a nanosecond of catching a glimpse of it.

Comment

I hate the whole 'so brave' thing anyway, especially when talking about illnesses. Bravery requires a choice, just having a condition doesn't make you brave. Something tabloids should take into consideration when talking about Jade Goody (I hate speaking ill of the deceased or terminally ill but I have to say, I've not known anyone to have a less dignified death outside of that incredibly creepy Britney Spears South park ep).

Comment

Heh, I cannot stand this gameshow. I must admit when it first came out it was pretty addictive viewing, but some became stale. There is only so many times you can try and make a game of luck interesting. Edmonds has always been an annoying little git, but I think he should carry on with this show, then hopefully we wont see him in anything else..ever.

I prefer shows that you can join in yourself, trying to answer questions etc, something where you might actually learn something.

Comment

There would even be some skill if the banker varied the 'value' of his offers but no. They're almost always "the mean of what the prize could be -15%" (I've been forced to watch it, working out what the banking offer should be helps stop my brain completely melting).

Comment

Working...
                      X