No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson concerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads of people are queuing up for tickets at the O2 and i'm guessing by today or tomorrow they will be sold out and people will be posting them up on eBay.

Comment

the ticket wait times were a joke, it kept telling me more than 15mins, then bringing it down then sticking it back up again.

I'm guessing i just got incredibly lucky with what I got, if its any consolation I am going as saw him at the old wembley and he is my 11y old sons favourite so we are a worthy home for them.

I do recommend google chrome as a browser for these things, it seems very stable and always hangs on into a queue well where other browsers can be a little flakey.

Comment

Originally posted by DryRice View Post
        Loads of people are queuing up for tickets at the O2 and i'm guessing by today or tomorrow they will be sold out and people will be posting them up on eBay.
        Like I already said, it should be illegal.

Fair enough if you have an important arrangement when the concert date approaches but putting the tickets up an hour or two after you have purchase them is truly the work of Satan himself.

If one of you guys have a spare ticket (or two), I would quite happily pay ?100 each simply because it is all I can afford at the moment and the concert is something I would really like to experience.

Comment

Originally posted by merf
          the ticket wait times were a joke, it kept telling me more than 15mins, then bringing it down then sticking it back up again.
          Same here but I was patience enough to wait up to an hour before starting to well-up a little bit.

I'm guessing i just got incredibly lucky with what I got, if its any consolation I am going as saw him at the old wembley and he is my 11y old sons favourite so we are a worthy home for them.
          Oh, I wasn't necessary referring to you guys on here - just the eBay/reselling ticket pirates. I certainly hope your son has a good time, bless him.

I do recommend google chrome as a browser for these things, it seems very stable and always hangs on into a queue well where other browsers can be a little flakey.
          I have been using google chrome as my default web browser since the day it was release to the general public. I even had my laptop open too, and two phones (home and work mobile) on dial.

I am that desperate!

Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 13-03-2009, 10:30. Reason: Grammar error...

Comment

I totally agree with you about the re-selling ET, it's disgusting.

Don't give up though - I bet you anything that another load of tickets will go on sale later that you can grab when all the fuss has died down.

Comment

I tried to purchase ground level tickets for one of the August gigs but no luck. Should I have chosen 'best possible' instead?

Anyway, the site suggested I purchase some tickets for his gigs next Feb as they are available but that seems way too far off...

Comment

I was just pondering this in the sauna and thinking about how they have sold 1m tickets, which is a huge amount in a country of 60m people, I'm now wondering if the scalpers could catch a cold here as the run goes on, I'm sure there is massive demand for the early shows but once we get a few months in I suspect that flebay prices could start to dip much closer to list price (which already has £10 per ticket booking premium)

Comment

How can anyone justify the list price, never mind a ?10 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) booking fee?

That is organised scalping.

Comment

I'd say from an economics point of view the fact that they sold out 50 dates so quickly means they priced them too cheaply !

Comment

I thought the pricing was excellent, I was expecting £120 +, Madonna is £65 - £175 at the same venue.

Comment

I genuinely cried this afternoon, genuinely cried.

I spent another four hours trying to get the tickets to switch the BBC news on and lo and behold, all the tickets have sold out.

I've been trying for seven hours this morning and into the early afternoon. I can't even face to look at the resellers websites because it makes me feel like ****.

Comment

couldn;t get any tickets and have been looking on ebay. looks like about ?400-?500 for 2

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Mid concert snacks of duck butter on toast.
                            thats just wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X