No announcement yet.

If you aren't thin/skinny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell uses imperial these days? Except for silly yanks.

Comment

I'll use it until I die.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        There's a good one now?
        It's a Chris Morris, Brasseye / The Day Today thing.

Might be on Youtube actually - pretty damn funny!

Comment

Wouldn't body fat be a better measurement? More difficult to measure though.

If being "thin" meant I could do exercise like running and biking and gardening more easily then I'd choose it. However, when you get too thin, you can't do these things well either.

Comment

I have no idea how tall or how much I weigh.

I guess I should pay more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Wouldn't body fat be a better measurement? More difficult to measure though.

If being "thin" meant I could do exercise like running and biking and gardening more easily then I'd choose it. However, when you get too thin, you can't do these things well either.
              I'm not sure... The amount of body fat (and BMI tests) don't really take into account muscle mass. Someone with loads of muscle and no fat is bound to be fitter than someone with no muscle or fat (IMHO).

Comment

bmi is outdated nonsence, I am well overweight and for me atleast it brgings near life ending depression and lonelyness

Comment

Anyway..If you aren't thin...would you choose to be?
                  Yes.

Apparently I am very thin but don't see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                    I saw some family from Wales last weekend that I've not seen for about 3.5 years and one of them commented that I might have AIDS. Trufax! .
                    Ha ha my mum always used to say I looked like a girl & looked gay because I grew my hair really long, down to between my shoulders & arse. Then when I shaved it all off she said I still looked gay but that I also "looked like a gay with AIDS now!". LOL. Mothers dont u just love em!!

I'm only a little fella (5' 6") but I could do with losing a few pounds/stone. A few yrs back I was about 9 stone 6lbs but I'm about 11 stone now. I used to be a lot more active back then. I should lose a bit of weight once the warm season hits & I get out on me plank again.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      I'm not sure... The amount of body fat (and BMI tests) don't really take into account muscle mass. Someone with loads of muscle and no fat is bound to be fitter than someone with no muscle or fat (IMHO).
                      It's visceral fat that's the thing isn't it? The amount of fat around your main organs. I bought some scales recently that measure this and although I'm over my ideal weight for my height, my score on this was very good (probably because I do loads of walking).

Then there's cholestorol. You can be thin, but if you eat bad fat your arteries can still be furred up, causing a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        Bingo, I'm 6'4" and about 14.5 stone, which puts me in the 'ideal' bit bu tI do naff all excercise and am a bit flabby in the middle. I'm certainly not fit by any means.

Comment

if 5ft 10 and i weigh just under 15 stone (93kgs i think)

quite comfortable being chubby, i was 13 stone a while ago (stone ages) and i looked pretty gaunt

i've got a pretty big frame, so skinny would never suit me

chubbies rule

Comment

Yes I would choose to be thin. It would be even better if I could be thin whilst continuing to do no exercise and eat horribly unhealthily!

Comment

I'd certainly like to be thinner, though I doubt I'll ever be skinny. I've always been pretty overweight but I finally decided to do something about it last summer after weighing myself for the first time in years (the result was more than a little scary). Lost just over 4 stone so far and feel (and look) a hell of a lot better for it. Still want to lose maybe a couple more stone, but I now weigh less than I ever have as an adult, so I'm pretty pleased with my progress.

Comment

Thin does make a blind bit of difference. My mate who is ten years older than me constantly moaned at me for being overweight even though i did the cycling/swimming regularly and he did bugger all.

He had a heart attack just before xmas and was lucky that he was visiting someone in hospital at the time or he would have been brown bread.

Unfortunately for him he seems bitter that hes had the heart attack and not me. Sad but thats how he is and being "thin" meand f**k all.

bri

Comment

Working...
                                X