No announcement yet.

If you aren't thin/skinny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a thinny. I'm also very tall, so look very thin. I've never been able to put on weight, and developing ulcerative colitis about a year ago just made me even thinner to the point where I had to be admitted to hospital.

I'd rather be a little over average than a little under average.

Comment

The hieght weight ratio is a lot of **** tbh.(my doctor/consultant even said this off the record)

Im 5" 6 and very stocky,broad shoulders etc etc.

If I was the 10.5/11 stone recommended I would look ill - seriously!.(currently Im obese if its anything to go by)

Im currently about 13 stone, eat well play football 3 times a week and I look about right.(not being big headed here just being honest about my build)

Dont worry too much about if you are classed as obese or not, go with your build/height and judge it. excersise reguarly and you cant go wrong.

Comment

I don't really care anymore about being thin for the sake of trying to look good, but rather getting to a reasonable weight at which I can lead a healthy life.

I used to be 11 Stone with quite a bit of muscle mass but after two failed jobs and alot of **** I went upto 19 and a half stone, i've dropped down a bit from that but the main reason i've started to drop the weight is due to poor fitness, having to tell my mates to stop walking and let me rest is embarressing, one time i even said I had stone in my shoe just so I could stop for a min to rest, also I started to walk improperly, kind of waddling like that big gay mob guy in the Sopranos.

Anyway to the point, I just wanna be able to do outdoor stuff again without my body letting me down, could care less about being thin though, just a nice middle ground will do.

Comment

I've always done alright being skinny (10-11st)...

But then Warcraft took over and nearly eliminated me (9 1/2 st)...

Then I did a Reznor - packed in the crack and took up weights and protein shakes (12st+)...

My aim is to be a 15st meathead, although I reckon for my height I will have to be around 17-18st for muscle to show through my clothes. These things take time.

Comment

I am a bit worried about my visceral fat. I am in pretty decent shape, exercise regularly and that, but I those internal fat measuring things say I have quite a high percentage body fat. I am reasonably broad and work out regularly. I do have some fat on the abs which just will not go but apart from that am quite trim. Definitely not a lard ass by any account. People even remark about how little I eat in comparison to them. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

One documentary I recommend is called "Why Are Thin People Not Fat" really worth a watch. It puts to end the idea that a persons weight is just calories in vs calories burned. I have always thought there is a bit more to it than that.

Comment

Mate - read Body for Life by Bill Phillips - it's way over the top American but hey the **** works - it's pretty easy - diet and exercise - it worked for me a few years back - the more I did the more I loved the gym - did turn into a gym junkie for a bit.

Comment

I've somehow managed to lose weight in recent weeks, I look like Trevor Reznick from The Machinist at the moment. I was 50 Kilos last time I weighed myself (I'm 5'7").

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  I've always done alright being skinny (10-11st)...

But then Warcraft took over and nearly eliminated me (9 1/2 st)...

Then I did a Reznor - packed in the crack and took up weights and protein shakes (12st+)...

My aim is to be a 15st meathead, although I reckon for my height I will have to be around 17-18st for muscle to show through my clothes. These things take time.

Wow, look so different in each pic.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post

Thats what i thought, massive contrast.

In that last pic though fallows, your neck looks like its going to explode .

Nice going on the abbs though, been many a year since ive seen mine, time to get to work me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post

I should have included a dreadlock shot for even more contrast. lol.

I am tensing the shoulders a great deal there, hence the neck. I don't look as bad sat here at work with a t-shirt on. lol.

news just in: 12st 4lb!

Comment

Doesn't look like the same person in those pics - amazing.

I was 10st 2lb when I left school and stayed that weight until I was about 23 - Since then I have steadily gained weight, and now weigh in at 14st+. I'm well past 30 now, so it's been a gradual gain.

It's not muscle mind, and even when I was a postman and very active, the weight continued to go up.

I've peaked now, and seem to hover around the 14st - 14st 4lb mark.

I never did feel comfortable at 10st, and I feel less comfortable now - I'm thinking around 12st would be an ideal point.

Which is what I dieted down to about 3 or so years ago, and that was purely through a huge diet change, but I like eating food I enjoy so it slowly piled back on

Comment

Working...
                        X