No announcement yet.

Japan Season: 16th March-6th April BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did, depressed the hell out of me at times but was really quite touching at the end IMO.

Was kinda stunned by the way Naoki (excuse my spelling if it's wrong) just came out and said the potential father in laws dick didn't work.....Just about spat my beer out when he said it in front of everyone and on camera as well.

Comment

I thought last nights was a brilliant doc, was a really touching human story and at the same time showed a view of japan i've never really seen or heard about before.

I've seen the Tokyo version of pre-work aerobics but the local post office version for miserable and low achieving workers was like something from a bygone age.

What a cool bloke Naoki seemed though, I can't imagine living in such small and grubby surroundings and coming across as he does.

Comment

was an excellent programme again.
        couldnt believe how little he was making in his 'part time' job.

i tried to watch the geisha one the other day too, but the digital signal went to pot.

Comment

I watched the Love/Hate one up to the bit in the bar and just found it too depressing and exploitative...did the mood lighten?

Comment

Well, I thought the 2 bits at the end, (bit with Naoki meeting the family and the bit with him telling the interviewer bloke that he had sorta opened up and confronted certain things he always hiding from) were quite uplifting.

Comment

Working...
            X