Playstation platformer knowledge needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation platformer knowledge needed

been sent this by a reader. if you can help I'll give you full credit in the mag

The question. I need help finding a game! No one has heard of it, but I played it a long time ago. And it was a great game! It was on the playstation one. I played it a long time ago and the game was probably not not released in North America. I'm pretty sure I had the english version though. Anyway, it's a sidescroller on the playstation one. This was probably around 1997. I had only one other game on my playstation one, it was Johnny Bazookatone, which I did find. My brother also remembers the game but not the name. So, things we know :

- sidescroller on the ps1 (1996-1999)
    - eggs, stars, short kid, big hair, big shirt hanging low, cute kid like running
    - 3d-ish graphics, cool looking for the time
    - jump on bad guys, collect stars
    - you get eggs to follow you (its not yoshi's island)
    - you distribute stars to eggs at the end of every level
    - slowly the eggs hatch and morph, there's stages
    - eventually they turn into animal that help you
    - i think one maybe was a dragon, not sure
    - a very stylish and polished game, jazzy music
    - the intro cinematic has an urban setting, you're walking through an alley being cool, jumping over garbage cans and a wall. one garbage can moves or something and you look inside it. as you look, you fall in it and are teleported to this world of bad guys and eggs.

Again, it wasnt yoshi's island. Any help would be appreciated. I understand you guys do this for a living. Maybe one of you actually knows this game already. I've been searching for this game for years. Thanks for reading.

Hermie Hopperhead?

Comment

Yup that would be it probably.

Comment

hermie rocks!

Comment

cheers guys

Comment

Do you think Hermie's hair was the inspiration for the woman in heavenly sword.

Comment

Wow that actually looks quite fun. Graphics are nice, too, except the boring repeated backgrounds.

Comment

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet little game. I'll have to dig it out again one of these days.

Comment

That actually looks like it might be worth hunting down for a bit of PSX to PSP gaming...must go and track down some reviews.

Comment

Working...
                  X