No announcement yet.

Classic C&VG April Fool - Holostar 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to have given up on the idea after that, because I can't find anything in April '94 nor '95, and that's about as far as my C&VG collection goes.

Comment

They did the Tomb Raider one, and there was a Super Mexican Fighter one as well, or something...

Comment

Amigadrive brings back good, good memories, but so do some of the old Crash/Speccy ones, but getting too old to remember their specifics.

Think one was about about a 'game designer' cartridge and another about getting rid of colour clash - any one else with a better memory than me?

Comment

Originally posted by elektronhjarnan View Post
          It was "Mini Mario Kart" actually.

April '93, in the "GO!" supplement (for handheld consoles). Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, but here's a photo with fairly readable text:

http://pici.se/pictures/eYRqZnTQl.jpg
          ****ing hell! I spent ages looking that game in the shops! In fact, after a few years of never seeing SMK for the Gameboy yet swearing blind I'd seen a review of it, I began to doubt my own mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
            And there was something to do with the Saturn's CD player having a hidden game, or something...
            I fell for that one , Its the one where that CVG said they was a hidden Spaceship game using the spaceship bios , with characters from Golden Axe making a cameo. To access it you have to play the music tracks on Clockwork Knight is a certain order .

Comment

If only EDGE was like C&VG used to be. What a brillaint magazine. Run by enthusiastic guys, who I actually felt some rapport with.

Another reason why the "Old Days" for gaming.. were golden.

Comment

I remember years ago Digitiser ran a review for a game called The Creep, which sounded awesome, with it's Radiohead-influenced soundtrack.

Then I looked at the date on the top of the page.

I felt like a right tit for the rest of the day.

Comment

not sure if these were apri fools or just rumours spread

Shen long
                  Playing as the bosses in the origina streetfighter 2
                  Blood cheat in mortal kombat for the snes
                  seems to recal some sort of thing where they said you had to pull a cart of of a console (cannot remember if it was snes or megadrive) while playing the game

Comment

Can't remember if Sheng Long was an April Fool's but it was a great prank by EGM, I still think that lead to Akuma.

Comment

I remember rushing out to buy a Gameboy beacuse they announced Street Fighter 2 was coming out on it, they even had a mock up of a gameboy with a add on that gave it four extra buttons.

Boy did I feel stupid the next issue, although even till this day my mum has that gameboy and plays Tetris on it even though I offered to give her my Gameboy SP.

Comment

Putting a penny peice on the SNES version of Mortal Kombat to get blood remains the best EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                          I remember rushing out to buy a Gameboy beacuse they announced Street Fighter 2 was coming out on it, they even had a mock up of a gameboy with a add on that gave it four extra buttons.

Boy did I feel stupid the next issue, although even till this day my mum has that gameboy and plays Tetris on it even though I offered to give her my Gameboy SP.
                          Don't feel bad, Street Fighter II did eventually get released for the original gameboy.

Comment

Didn't it come out for the Gameboy Advanced and not the original though? Sure I have a copy of that lying around somewhere.

Comment

Original Gameboy too:

Comment

It's bloody horrendous on the original GB. Street Fighter Alpha for the GBC on the other hand is, in the style of 'arry Redknapp, triffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X