Classic C&VG April Fool - Holostar 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic C&VG April Fool - Holostar 2000

I've been leafing through some on C&VG issues and I just had to post this up:

This made me chuckle back in the day, and I have to admit my 11 year-old self was fooled...for about five minutes.

Haha arent those SMS Glasses in the bottom middle picture?

Reminds me of the nude Lara Croft cheat they printed as an April Fools joke one year. Apparently they had a lot of frustrated readers ringing up asking how to make the code work

Comment

They did loads of these...the AmigaDrive was another. And there was something to do with the Saturn's CD player having a hidden game, or something...

Comment

I seem to remember Colour Mario Kart on your Original Gameboy being another

Comment

I remember the Daytona hidden in 32X VR Racing one by Sega Magazine leaked by Segas Mr Li Poo Farl, yeah right lol

Comment

Heh some of these are great, some I werent aware of.
            I probably missed lots of them due to how old I was back then, so im gonna have a re read of April issues over the weekend. Ill scan in anything I find!

Comment

Wasn't there a pub fighter game they did. I think it was a load of digitized photos.

Comment

Hah this was so awesome I totally bought into it as a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                  Reminds me of the nude Lara Croft cheat they printed as an April Fools joke one year. Apparently they had a lot of frustrated readers ringing up asking how to make the code work
                  Wasn't that the one where you were supposed to tap the buttons in the rhythm to the Spice Girls Wannabe

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                  I remember the Daytona hidden in 32X VR Racing one by Sega Magazine leaked by Segas Mr Li Poo Farl, yeah right lol
                  I remember that one, something to do with driving off track onto a bit of tarmac at the side of the course and writing Daytona with the car, spent f*cking hours trying to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                    Wasn't there a pub fighter game they did. I think it was a load of digitized photos.
                    lol, Pub Fighter was hilarious, I'd forgotten about that one

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      Haha arent those SMS Glasses in the bottom middle picture?

Oh come on, how many didnt try an iteration of that cheat in the hopes of seeing her pixellated boobies?

only me then?

Comment

The AmigaDrive one was amazing!! I remember just staring at the images for ages I think they used some altered images of one of the EA Basketball games or something like that.

I think ACE did a virtual reality one with a beer fighter game featured or something.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          The AmigaDrive one was amazing!! I remember just staring at the images for ages I think they used some altered images of one of the EA Basketball games or something like that.
                          Time Extension brings you the latest news and features from the world of retro gaming. Giving retro and classic games more time to shine and so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystika1 Ninja View Post
                            I seem to remember Colour Mario Kart on your Original Gameboy being another
                            It was "Mini Mario Kart" actually.

April '93, in the "GO!" supplement (for handheld consoles). Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, but here's a photo with fairly readable text:

Comment

I remember that! How cruel!

Comment

Working...
                              X