The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match [JPN PS2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match [JPN PS2]

Just got this game this morning, been waiting for my first copy forever to come from yesasia so fedex'ed a second over from playasia.
    Just had a quick playthrough before having to go to work.

Like 98 Ultimate Match this game is a revisit of a previous KOF game, pretty much adding everything they felt had been previously left out.
    However the new backgrounds in this game look far better than the new ones in 98UM.

Every character from 99-01 has been included, minus K9999 who has had his sprite replaced and been renamed to Nameless. Also

EX versions of Robert, Takuma, Kensou. The bosses, Krizalid, Zero, Clone Zero, Igniz, Omega Rugal, Goenitz, Geese and Nightmare Geese have been added.

So 51 characters on the default character selection screen.

Gameplaywise it's the same engine as 2002, doesn't seem to be many changes to it aside from being able to perform max2 supers by pressing two buttons (Costs three bars instead of two) instead of having to go into BC mode.

As mentioned they've rehauled the backgrounds for this one, as well as remixing some of the character themes, generally most things have been updated.
    A few sprites have been updated, the only one i can remember at the moment is O.Chris, but they've not polished them like 94 rebout.

Like 98UM this also includes the original 2002 (with k9999 still in there), not sure how arcade perfect this is but probably won't bother with it much since i have the mvs cart anyway.

Like most KOF ports this comes with a Challenge Mode, this bit is pretty text heavy but you can read translations on orochinagi or the tutorial videos on youtube.

All the other standard sorta modes are in here, endless, versus etc...

Not sure what else to say about it, but if u love KOF this is a must buy.

Edit: Forgot to add, there's a preorder combo dvd that's supposed to come with this but i didn't get one with playasia so i assume they've run out
    Last edited by KusoGaki; 13-03-2009, 14:46.

It's a game thats near impossible to button bash and plus theres no Ken's!

Comment

Originally posted by DryRice View Post
      It's a game thats near impossible to button bash and plus theres no Ken's!
      Lol, you have played KOF before right?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

one on the list i need to get

just at ?35 thats a silly price to pay for PS2 games now

Comment

Working...
        X