Red Riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Riding

Did anyone else catch this trilogy over the last few weeks?

Deeply depressing as it was, i thought it was great. well shot, and some truely scarey characters in there (especially the ratty one who

tortures Eddie

in the first one).

plus sean bean in a tight polo jumper was a sight to behold...

didnt quite understand why Jon, paddy considines partner in the 2nd one, was

killing all those people in the karachi club though?

I missed this. Saw the previews - looked interesting enough. I will have to watch it when repeats are shown.

Comment

i think theyre showing it on the channel4 web site - streaming through 4 on demand.

surprised no-one else has seen it though

Comment

Watched the last 2, will catch up with the first eventually.

The one with considine was total boss, the last one was a bit convoluted (probably where I missed the first?), still some good grubby moments. Good work by 4 making this, proper English thriller.

Comment

yeah, the first one is deffo worth a watch. its quite slow to get going but you see Eddie slowly getting caught up in the corruption.
          alot saucier than the last 2, that journo loves the ladies...

Comment

I'd HIGHLY recommend the books if you liked the films. Have just read the first 2 (1974 & 1977) and the films (based on only seeing the first one!), despite looking very nice, are not a patch on how intense and horrific the books are. They are very quick to read and very addictive

waiting to finish the lot before i watch the remaining 2.

they are written by David peace who also wrote 'the damned united' which is soon to be a film with michael sheen

Comment

Working...
            X