Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, nice one, will give them a bell. It's not too far

Comment

I'd buy one for ebay if I could find it, but I wouldn't use it myself - my current 120GB is almost full, but I don't the hassle of having to change over the drives each and every time I want to play a different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        my current 120GB is almost full
        !!!

Don't you ever uninstall disc games you don't play any more?

Comment

Just nipped into HMV Glasgow (Sauchiehall Street) ... none there. According to one of the staff, all the good stuff got ransacked in the first hour of opening.

Comment

Not very hopeful with this.
            Fuse. Fancy queueing from 4am?

Comment

What really pisses me off, is that these drives are actually less than 100GB in size, due to some unremovable system files. What these files should be is an actual size, rather than a percentage of the drive.

Comment

Does anybody know what kind of hard disk is inside these drives? Might be a cheap way to upgrade a laptop perhaps...

Comment

You can get the Western Digital drive used in these for ?30 anyway. Have a google for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                    You can get the Western Digital drive used in these for ?30 anyway. Have a google for it.
                    What's to stop you buying the drive on eBay and using it on your 360? If it's just software I'm sure there are certain desert islands and secret coves where such software might be buried...

Comment

Nothing, people do. Smouty was selling a couple on here only recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                        Does anybody know what kind of hard disk is inside these drives? Might be a cheap way to upgrade a laptop perhaps...
                        They are usually a budget Fujitsu drive. If you want to use these in a PC or laptop if is not simply a case of plugging it in. It has to be de360'd but if you do get one for a laptop I would be interested in the drive shell as Nick mentioned I have a few 'prepared' 120gb drives.
                        Cheers Nick

?30 is a bargain as you can't buy a bare disk for that

Comment

Hard drive case Ant -

Comment

Woohoo. Just picked one up at my local HMV.

This is after phoning them a couple of days ago and them saying they were sold out. AND me double checking yesterday, only to find nothing.

The lad who served me said they got 3 in on Wednesday. One was reserved, one sold, and he was going to but the thrid himself but he couldn't find it. bearing in mind I couldn't see it yesterday, I reckon someone's stashed it in another section until pay day or something.

Always worth a quick look

Comment

I might try and get one for my Pro this weekend, in place of the 60 GB drive.

Comment

I saw one of these in local store but if memory serves right it was priced up at £99 or something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X